Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Getting to know our Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Daddo
posted
We spent most of yesterday going through our 28" Euro testing various systems and cleaning up. I'm very pleased with the condition of this coach. Every system, with the exception of the generator simply worked. The fuse in the control box of the generator blows when you use the switch at the generator to shut it off. I think there is a spade electrical connector that is touching something it shouldn't. Probably a quick fix since it runs fine otherwise.

One thing I'm disappointed about is the amount of leakage around the windshield. It was raining as we worked yesterday and with the coach on the level the leaks could only be described as "extreme" with solid rivulets of water running down the A-pillars. A quick tarp job solved that problem. I'll be taking the Barth for a new driver's side windshield and gasket this week. Hopefully that will solve some or all of the problem. I knew this would be the most pressing issue when we bought the Barth but didn't expect it to be this bad.

83 28' Barth "Euro"
Chevrolet 454
P-32 Chassis

Posts: 34 | Location: Chambersburg, PA | Member Since: 09-14-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
We had some leakage on our '85 Regal. It has something to do with the steel tubing that holds the windshield gasket, the aluminum front cap and the fiberglass corner caps all coming together. From what I've read, it was one of the few Barth design flaws. Since you're taking the drivers side windshield out, you'll have a chance to see if any of those components need to be replaced. Hope it doesn't turn out to be too bad

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post