Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Emergency Roadside Assistance review
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
I tried to do a little research on the "big three" ERS providers, which are really the "big two".

Good Sam http://www.goodsamclub.com/ers/ben.cfm cost $79.95 the first year, $89.95 the second and $99.95 from then on. They will insure two parents and all driving children who still live at home or are in college. But they will only cover your personnel vehicles.

They will tow to the nearest service provider. They will pay $1200.00 in trip interruption cost if you run into another vehicle. If you run into a pole forget it.

They will provide 2 hours of winching you out of a swamp. And they will save your boat trailer from the lake.

Camping World www.campingworld.com Cost 79.95 the first year then $89.95 from then on. they only insure two adults and no kids., No trip interruption here, and only one hour of winching out of the swamp but they will take care of your boat trailer.

Now get this, if you call Good Sam or Camping World, you will get the same guy. Good Sam and Camping World are the same company. Trailer Life and Coast to Coast also offer ERS and they are the same also.

Coach Net http://www.coach-net.com/ is an ERS which provides assistance to almost every coach manufacturer from Winnebago to Monaco and everyone in between. They are $99.95 from the beginning to the end from FMCA.

They have certified RV technicians which will talk with you not only on chassis problems but also house problems. They will insure the adults and kids living at home and in college, They have a $2000 trip interruption plan, 2 hours of winching but forget the boat. They pride themselves on supplying the immediate needs of RVers, they say they "always" send the right guy.

So there you go, hope it helps.

------------------
"Ships are safe in the harbor.....But that's not what ships are for"

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 11, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Dave - Good information, Thanks......

For what it's worth, a newbie like me was able to sign-up with Coach-Net thru FMCA for $79.50 a year, with a price-hold for three years for up-front money ($238.50/3 yrs.) Since the performace of my FunMoney account has been less-than-stellar in recent times, it seemed like a logical thing to do......

So, for the next 1095 days, I'm out about 22 cents a day....And like my life insurance, I'm hoping THEY come out the winners......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's good Lee. You got a deal, and like you said "YOU HOPE THEY COME OUT THE WINNER". Company's need to profit. "PROFIT, IS NOT A DIRTY WORD" Let's also not forget that should you have to use the service it will likely mean that YOU made a PROFIT. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Good discussion w/ applicable anecdotes about ERS currently going on at:

http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/cforum/index.cfm/fusea...ead/tid/12998526.cfm

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I am using RV Roadhelp Plan from Allstate Motor Club, and have been for about 10 years.

The cost has remained at $89.95 per year. The reason that I chose this plan, is that it will tow more than one vehicle at a time, as in a Truck and Trailer. It will also tow anything that I (subscriber) am driving, and any vehicle I have registered, including motorcycles.
When I broke down in Texas this summer, they towed me to where I asked to be towed, and never saw a bill. (Was over $250 from the questioner they sent me about service)
No real mile or price limit that I'm aware of, just to a place that can and will make the
repairs, not just closest place which may not be able to make repairs. In one case about
two years ago, I had a vehicle (not motor home) towed to my home, and that was past
many repair garages.
Whenever I have contacted them, the first question always seems to be, "are you safe, is vehicle in a dangerous spot".
Just wanted to tell about a supplier that I am very happy with.

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post