Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

The Reincarnated 28' Breakaway
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
For NobleMonarch, you need to search around. They made smaller Prevosts, 32 and 35 footers. Not a lot around, but I seem them once in awhile. Here's one for sale now http://www.philcooper.com/details.php?v_id=427
Look at the bottom of the page.

Posts: 6 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Member Since: 11-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
They made smaller Prevosts, 32 and 35 footers.

I appreciate your help. I actually owned a 35' MCI before my Barth, but I wanted something more late model. Do you think there are any 35' to '38 foot Prevosts built after 95? I should have stated that before.

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corey, If they did make any i think that they would probably be an airport shuttle bus. I don't think that Prevost even makes a 40 footer anymore, seems like when we went thru the Marathon Coach facility 2 summers ago on a tour, that they said Prevost was only going to make 45 foot buses from now on.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Why do you think 28 feet are not enough for fulltiming? My husband and I and a 100 pound Kuvasz (dog) lived in a 28ft Winnebago for one year while we travelled from FL all around the country up to Alaska and back. We took out a chair for the dog bed, which still did not stop the dog from lying right in the middle of the hallway, her back firmly against the bathroom door. And I am a packrat, we had everything we needed from tropical to arctic, big down comforters, wintercoats, boots, flip flops, swimtrunks, toaster, coffeemaker, bicycle, fishing poles, grill (some of the bigger items in the tow car). You really do not need a big coach because the whole country is YOUR LIVING ROOM. We rarely sat in the coach, most of the time we spent outside, even in cooler weather like Alaska and Canada. We kind of followed to Hot Springs and I can recommend Liard Hot Springs and Tahini Hot Springs in Canada and Chena Hot Springs up by Fairbanks. There is always something to do outside the motorhome and we never had to fight about the TV program because mostly there was no reception anyway. LOL. I just require a leakproof roof and warm bed. Some creature comforts like bathroom, kitchen, fridge and A/C for hot Louisiana summer nights. And that can be had even in the short little toasters. The only thing not needed: a dinette. Rather have a couch. You spend about 15 minutes eating, then it just sits there, taking up room. And any nice day we ate at the picnic table outside anyway and cooked in our Dutch oven (keeps the kitchen clean). And I just love to housekeep in a small MH, everything is within reach and you can clean house in 5 minutes. Tooling Along So keep on rolling, camping joy does not depend on how long your coach is! - Doris - PS Arguments and household disputes also happen in 45 foot Prevos. Big Grin

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
You really do not need a big coach because the whole country is YOUR LIVING ROOM. PS Arguments and household disputes also happen in 45 foot Prevos. Big Grin
Well said. Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Totally agree. We do two or three month trips in just 30 ft with a big dog and an underfoot cat. 30 ft is our ideal size. Previous was a 27, which had a small bed for us six-footers.

I have looked at a lot of floor plans, and the only thing a longer coach offers is a dinette, more kitchen counter and bigger closets. We have a full sized bed in back and a full sized couch up front.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
When I get too old to drive a motor home I will sell the Barth. Lord willing that will not be for a long while but you never know.My daughters mother died just two months ago. MY daughter is coming down Monday for a week My daughter was her caretaker and she wants to go batrhing when she gets down here.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Corey, you had a 5A, B, or C? What year?

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quiz: What two things are very unique about this MCI (hint: study pics & think about where it was used)????

quote:
So Corey, you had a 5A, B, or C? What year?

I had a MC5C which was a Saudi bus. Greyhound won a competition to do transportation in Riyadh to the oil fields. Once the contract ran out, they shipped them back to the US and eventually sold them off. Big problem was the underpowered DD 6/72.

Here are some before and during the conversion. I never finished it as I began traveling too much to find the time, this inspired buying our Barth in fact.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just guessing, but the roof-over is new to me, and I see no AC unit on the rear.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, they had a double roof because of the high heat in the mid-east. Cool

posted Hide Post
Bus AC is underneath in the front part of the bus. Actually sits just back of the driver.

posted Hide Post
Half a cupie to Danny!

quote:
Just guessing, but the roof-over is new to me, and I see no AC unit on the rear.

As Shadow Man stated, the second roof is a heat deflector for the desert.

The AC is all underneath and ducted in these buses, so that isn't the second half of the quiz. Look at the pics and think about the country, customs, morals, etc. hint - hint!! Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
Also see it has a second door,....a bifold door in the middle of the coach, haven't seen that before. Also the 5C was the last of the 2 axle buses.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Also see it has a second door

Excellent eyes Shadowman, but to get the quiz right, why is that second door there? Confused