Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Kudos to CoachNet
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted
After 30+ years of motorhoming, I suffered my first on-the-road breakdown, and with all the possible scenarios, it was a positive experience.

Climbing the foothills on I-68 in western Maryland on Sunday afternoon, I suddenly experienced loud banging sounds from under the doghouse....pulled off the exit immediately and shut down. Exterior inspection didn't show anything so I was going to restart and listen, but the starter was locked-up. I elected to forgo any do-it-yourself activities and made my first-ever call to CoachNet.

The CoachNet tech asked for minimum info, located me and said he'd call back. Within 5 minutes, the return call advised me to stay put, their rep was enroute to either repair me on-site or tow me to safe place for the night. (The responder had a full hookup RV site at his shop.)

Road service responder was there within 20 minutes. After 30 minute inspection, he advised that a flywheel bolt had backed out, been tossed all around the flywheel cover, and when I shut down the bolt slid into the starter nose, where it was grabbed and locked-up by the bendix during my attempt to restart.

His phone calls located a local parts store (15 miles) with a 454 starter on the shelf and they agreed to meet him and open up for him to get it.

He returned with the starter, had already called to have an assistant meet him on-site, and the two of them replaced flywheel bolt, retorqued the others, checked for flywheel tooth damage (none!) and swapped starters.

I was then instructed to continue to the next exit (12 miles) while they followed, pull off and let them double-check their work. Satisfied that the repair was good-to-go, they gave me their bill.....With 5 manhours labor and a 30 mile round-trip parts pickup, it came to $60.00 for the starter and $150.00 labor! (I was prepared to try and negotiate anything over $600 Roll Eyes )

CoachNet and their vendors are the greatest! All these years of paying-but-not-using was chalked up to peace-of-mind, but this one incident was payback in spades! CoachNet has at least one customer for life!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this great report. So far I have never heard anything except positive reports of CoachNet service, even including technical help over the phone (if it's a DIY repair) in which they don't charge a dime. If we ever graduate to camping beyond the 6-7 times per year that we do now, I am definitely going to consider joining.

What have your annual rates been for CoachNet over the years?

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
used them once for the wife "FIRST CLASS" service Hard to find that these days......

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post