Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Another new owner
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of JoshS
posted
I just got last weekend a 1975 20ft. It has been in my wife's family its whole life. So I know pretty much the history of it and also how well it has been taken care of. It does need a new door handle. The original broke last year. Not the lighted handle but the actual door latch/knob. Anybody have one? Oh and this is a very nice site. Thank you for all the effort put into it

Posts: 90 | Location: Belfair, WA | Member Since: 10-16-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Barth. Would like to see interior pictures please!

I have a 1975 also.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
Here you go

Posts: 90 | Location: Belfair, WA | Member Since: 10-16-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Thanks for interior pics, looks in good shape. Mine has twin beds, dinette, but no couch.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
That one is cute. Like the sporty looking rims.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
Yeah it is super clean and very well taken care of. I have been camping in it a lot of times over the years with my uncle and he went and got himself an Alaskan camper and sold this to me. I am really excited as is my wife and kids.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/10
Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
What a beauty! I have a 19 footer. I could use that extra foot. I also like the dash layout. My instruments are hard to read. Is that a pullout/foldout sofa bed? Would it be possible to find out the brand?

Thanks...Read Smith

Posts: 60 | Location: Agassiz, BC Canada | Member Since: 07-19-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
Oh... I forgot. I replaced the Bargman style door handle/lock on mine but I believe the original is perfectly functional...let me know.

Read

Posts: 60 | Location: Agassiz, BC Canada | Member Since: 07-19-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
It is a pullout sofa bed. can not find a tag or any identifying labels on it though. Sorry.

On my original door handle the flat latch on the outside broke. So right now there is just an empty hole in the door. So if I can find a replacement that would be great!!

Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
OK..OK I can't figure out how to post a pic...I was almost there once...help...please

Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
Lets try this

Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
That is perfect. Looks just like mine, without the broken handle. What will it take for me to get that from you? Thank you!!!!!

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
It is possible the original was broken by a break in attempt when the inside lock was activated by a hard door slam. Mine did that to me a couple of times, so I glued it in the unlocked position with a dab of Shoe Goo on the underside of the plunger where it meets the hole.

We rely on the double cylinder deadbolt to lock the door.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
Yeah before I had it my uncle already took the lock in it out and only use the dead bolt to lock the door also. I don't know how exactly it broke but I sorta think it was him. If I am able to get this other one from Reado I will do the same to that one also to prevent locking myself out. Thanks for the info

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
It is possible the original was broken by a break in attempt when the inside lock was activated by a hard door slam. Mine did that to me a couple of times, so I glued it in the unlocked position with a dab of Shoe Goo on the underside of the plunger where it meets the hole.

We rely on the double cylinder deadbolt to lock the door.
Exactly what I did too. Not a real big fan of this style handle for that reason.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post