Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Retired
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
After 3 years of Barth owenership I came to this conclusion. If after retirement you are bored buy a used motor coach. Then you will have a full time job, a hobby, fun, frustration, rest time laying on the creeper, and most of all you will know what to do with any extra money that might come along.

Charles

Posts: 63 | Location: Winona Lake, IN | Member Since: 04-18-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Not far off Charles, however one has to look at the bottom line. I have a 28 foot Barth Regal,

Which I think (sorry guys) is about the coolest motorhome I have ever seen. I bought it for $15K and I have put another $10K in it (new engine). It probably needs another $1K in alternator, etc. But I have not seen any other coach I would rather have anywhere for $25K. So you are right it is almost 20 years old and there are some rough spots but it is sure worth the money for me. I would suspect Dale would say the same about his Regency, and Eric his Breakaway and of coarse that Goodwin coach. Not to mention Bill H's classis '84 and all of the others. But Charles, for sure you hit the nail on the head. Oh and not to forget Linda's Royale..Wow when you think of it, we are really lucky Barth owners. But Charles, you are totally right on.

------------------
"Ships are safe in the harbor.....But that's not what ships are for"

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited November 02, 2003).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, one might say Barth owners are like MOTHERS. There is only ONE BEAUTIFUL BABY, AND EVERY MOTHER HAS IT. Dale and Sharon

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Hey, Dave! Don't forget our Regency! And you're free to post a picture anytime you want in your gallery, realizing that you're way overloaded with pictures already. But we are indeed like "proud parents" eager to show off their babies. But I would say it's more than a hobby for retired folks.
I use mine as a "mobile office" and it provides a lot of deductions for the IRS. Depreciation plus travel expenses really add up.

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post