Reply To This Topic

Correct value insurance
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
There are members that have paid less than "book Value" and there are members that have paid more. I would also suspect that most members have a purchase price plus improvements that would be more than "book value" invested in there cherished Barth or some other brand.
I was told by my agent to keep track of improvements, by documentation. A great reason to share your improvements here for proof of value, and the benefit of our community.

Speaking of documentation

Kevin I know you had posted a detailed fix of your levelers. I looked for it a while back and couldn't find it. Do you remember what you called the Thread? I don't want to thread drift..........

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
“CORRECT VALUE”???
Purchasing “insurance” for coverage in excess of ACTUAL CASH VALUE is not an insurance expense. It is a gambling wager in hopes of financial gain.

Well you can have a 40 year old Rolex that has been worn 24 hours a day for those 40 years and one that has been in a box for 40 years.
Are they both worth the same?
As far as the insurance company's are concerned probably so.
But as far as i'm concerned I don't think so.

I'm not looking to scam anyone I just want what is just.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Our Barth is insured thru aarp. We set the value and pay the premium accordingly. I have my breakaway insured for 18,000. If I total it, they pay me 18,000. I will really hit the jackpot! I have over 30,000 in it.
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Value, Let us see IF we have this right. There is Correct, Fair, Just, Replacement, Blue book, NADA, Agreed On, and the list goes on. I hate paying for something I hope never happens and coming out to find out what I have been paying was not what I thought I was paying for anyway.
Thank you Steve for bring this to our attention.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
Read the fine print on an agreed value policy. Some of the big companies will sell you a policy that is agreed value but in the fine print it states they will pay the lesser of the two (their adjusters valuation or the agreed value). I raninto this when trying to get my TVR stacked with my other vehicles. I stuck with haggerty knowing my baby will be worth what is agreed for that year.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Ordered an appraisal from Houston Auto Appraisers and should know tomorrow what they think the Barth is worth in today's market.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This should be interesting. What would an auto appraiser know about a motorhome. Does Houston Auto Appraisers dabble in "other" vehicles?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
. What would an auto appraiser know about a motorhome.
D'oh
keyword motorHOME maybe you would rather it be a real estate appraiser.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
see this group:

https://autoappraisers.com/our-coverage-areas

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Would like to recommend John McGinnis as an RV appraiser, mentioned in link to article from the Airstream Folks.

https://wbcci.org/maintenance-...tech-help-april-2017

http://mcginnisauctions.com/si...=mcginnisauction.com

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marvin, form the website you posted here is a quote that makes me feel good about these folks. Thumbs Up
"We are All-Wheel Appraisals specializing in antique & classic vehicles, travel trailers, big rigs, RV's, high-end (Class A) motor coaches, special purpose & limited use vehicles. We got our start in antique vehicle & classic car judging back in the early 80’s; we took that experience and transitioned into vehicle appraisal work in the 90’s. Our appraisals have been accepted by the courts, lenders and every major insurance company in the U.S. All-Wheel Appraisals is an affiliate of McGinnis Auction & Appraisal Service"
Sounds impressive!

Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
https://houstonautoappraisers....tional_vehicles.html

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

posted Hide Post
Steve, I see Hawkins listed on the Houston appraisers website link you posted. After they appraise your Barth they will need to add Barth to there list of motorhomes.

Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
HMC is another top notch Motorhome.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L78steve:
HMC is another top notch Motorhome.

YEP, that is why I am surprised they have Hawkins listed and NOT BARTH. From the Houston Auto Appraisers Website their credentials look good. It is the name Auto appraisers that makes me wonder.
Keep us posted on your results Steve78