Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Correct value insurance
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of L78steve
posted
Is there an insurance company that will value a Barth for what it is truly worth vs. what the NADA values it?
NADA on my Barth is 12k and its worth a lot more due to its mint condition, 20k miles and always stored indoors it entire life.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
I carry replacement value, whatever that means.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Replacement value would indicate you would get a check for a brand new coach.

I thought I would get back what I paid but it turns out I would only receive Book Value.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Replacement cost would be replacement cost for vehicle would be what it would cost to replace with what is similar to what you had. (My interpretation) We all know our coaches are all different. I don't care what you call them. Monarch, Regency, Breakaway, Regal or Aristocrat. You can't replace exactly. I believe you could get them to replace with like. Make sure you have documentation/pictures.

If I wrecked my Monarch I can guarantee they wouldn't let me buy that $80,000 dollar one someone has for sale out there we have seen. I am pretty sure we have seen one out there listed for that?? Could we come to an agreement on Ed and Debs Monarch maybe? Insurance payout for our rare gems could be a battle? Hope I/we never have to find out.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1381 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Went thru this a few years ago. Replacement value means exactly that, what is your coach worth on the market and they will pay you that amount. If you have any recent sales data of a similar unit they will consider that but certainly it is not a new replacement dollar amount you will receive.

If you have a vehicle that would have antique value, that has to be notiated on initial appliction and some proof of value submitted on initial aplication. I have a number of friends going thru this now as a result of the fires here in Nothern CA.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
"Agreed Value" I think is what you are looking for. You might need an appraisal or a bill of sale for your coach to proof this value. Progressive Insurance offers that for a reasonable price. How much you really get I do not know, sometimes even tires get deducted as possible take offs etc

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
"Agreed Value" I think is what you are looking for. You might need an appraisal or a bill of sale for your coach to proof this value. Progressive Insurance offers that for a reasonable price. How much you really get I do not know, sometimes even tires get deducted as possible take offs etc

That sounds like a great way to go, should make everyone happy. I have State Farm, going to see if they have a similar policy. I have replacement now.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
I have Progressive now and found out that they will only pay out what the NADA value is.
I paid more than the book amount due to its condition and just want to find a company to insure it for what I paid.
There is no way I could even replace it for what I paid let alone the low book on it.
I'm now wondering what people do on their restored antique and custom conversion coaches.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 01-28-2019 11:13 PM Hide Post
I have Progressive now and found out that they will only pay out what the NADA value is.
I paid more than the book amount due to its condition and just want to find a company to insure it for what I paid.
There is no way I could even replace it for what I paid let alone the low book on it.
I'm now wondering what people do on their restored antique and custom conversion coaches

LLoyds of London?

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hagerty custom car insurance might do it they insure restored cars for an agreed upon value.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I recently talked to Hagerty to insure my 1978 Mercedes 450SL (which is currently for sale). Progressive has it insured but they don't do 'agreed value'. Hagerty will insure it for the 'Agreed Value', which according to their own valuation tool, is $17000. If I wreck it and it can't be fixed for $17000, they give me a check for that amount. It's a little more than Progressive, $289/year vs $204, but that's their specialty.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
I actually thought of Lloyds.
Don't see that Hagerty's will write an RV policy.
I'll call both and report back.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
“CORRECT VALUE”???
Purchasing “insurance” for coverage in excess of ACTUAL CASH VALUE is not an insurance expense. It is a gambling wager in hopes of financial gain.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I believe the discussion started with the concern that the cash value was greater than the NADA value and how to insure the cash value rather than the lowball NADA value, not an attempt to insure for more than the cash value.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
There are members that have paid less than "book Value" and there are members that have paid more. I would also suspect that most members have a purchase price plus improvements that would be more than "book value" invested in there cherished Barth or some other brand.
I was told by my agent to keep track of improvements, by documentation. A great reason to share your improvements here for proof of value, and the benefit of our community.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post