Correct value insurance
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benebob:
Read the fine print on an agreed value policy. Some of the big companies will sell you a policy that is agreed value but in the fine print it states they will pay the lesser of the two (their adjusters valuation or the agreed value). I raninto this when trying to get my TVR stacked with my otherta'svehicles. I stuck with haggerty knowing my baby will be worth what is agreed for that year.

That is NOT an agreed-value basis; that is "Stated amount", which sprang up during the surge of the $5K Chevy Nova and Ford Pinto, during the Arab oil embargo. Cars were being traded at unrealistic prices, so the old "stated amount" was reestablished. It's common for some items to have always been valued that way. But agreed amount is just that.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Well I got the appraisal and the Insurance company gave me an agreed value policy on the Barth.
It does cost a bit more but I feel its worth it.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Are you willing to share the appraisal with our community Steve? I suspect most members are eager to know where a Barth stands next to a Stick an staple Motorhome. Did the appraiser add BARTH to their list of Appraisals?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
I don't know if they will add Barth to their list.
The Barth appraised out at 42,210.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Steve, Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Appraising at 42K is outstanding! Salute

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
When I bought mine in March 2006, progressive gave me an agreed value for $40,000 for 10 years, after 10 years it is acv. All I had to have was an appraisal or bill of sale.

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post