Forums    General Discussions    What Barth is This??
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

What Barth is This??
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Howdy everyone, I'm trying to identify the model and (if possible) year of this Barth motorhome that's been abandoned on property owned by my company in Philadelphia for almost two years now.
I'm hoping to take over the title and restore the vehicle if possible, but I'm really a novice and need all the help I can get!
Any idea what the model of this is? I'm having trouble finding other Barth vehicles with the door so forward on the starboard side.
Looking forward to hearing from y'all!

Posts: 1 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Member Since: 05-14-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Same paint scheme as my 94. Check above the pilots seat an just behind and near the ceiling. Sometime the rail for the curtain is over it.

Storage door same or similar.

It is hard to see in this overblown picture there is a sizing hint to make it more viewable. I am not sure of the parameters and have had to much relaxation fluid to look it up for you but maybe someone would be good enough to share it.

It looks promising. I loved DBarth. She was great just upgraded size for headroom for me.

I almost forgot Welcome to BarthMobile! Well I actually forgot and edited it back in.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Barth site.

Nice looking coach. Paint looks like about 94, it is probably a Breakaway model. Hard to tell the length. Look for a data tag in the area above the driver. Wondering why it was abandoned.

Have you checked the engine? Probably a Cummins, 5.9 in most, longer ones may be 8.3.

This looks like it has good bones, could be a nice coach for somebody. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice find!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 523 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
94 or later. Plastic bumpers. 93 Breakaway had chrome bumpers. Looks like 19" wheels. I see there is a FMCA plack on the front so you could find who owned it at one time by checking out the number. Anyway have fun.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Nice looking Barth. I want to guess 1995 or newer. Looking at the storage compartment doors, they look taller than the ones on D Barth. I thought Dana's were the same height as my 92.
kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
I was looking at the picture again and was surprised to see so many lug nuts on the front wheel. My 19.5" wheels on my breakaway only have 6 lug nuts per. This looks like 10 per wheel. They must be 22". But I am just speculating.

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post