Forums    General Discussions    Navigator's Seats in Front Door Breakaways?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Navigator's Seats in Front Door Breakaways?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi,

I really would like a 30' Spartan Chassis Breakaway but I have one small problem to overcome.... my wife! Don't get me wrong, she's way into RV'ing and thinks a motorhome is the way to go. A 30' coach would meet out needs very well, because we like USFS and COE campgrounds (Read I'm cheap!) and the 30'r will fit in those nicely.

I was just wondering where the navigator puts his/her feet while you're on the road? Does the seat have a foot rest or some other way to brace one's self over the step well? Sitting with you feet flat on the floor for hours would get tiring.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bill

Posts: 55 | Location: Hagerstown, MD, USA | Member Since: 07-24-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Most if not all RVs which have stair wells with have some way of covering them in transit. Newer units are all automatic, but I suppose a Breakaway would have a manual cover of one kind or another. All shorter women have a problem with dangling legs. My 5'9" wife uses a Foot Valet.

Available from Camping World http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunu...92&src=SRCH&tcode=37

By the way, I have one at my computer desk in my office. My feet are on it at this moment.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited July 25, 2003).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Thanks. My wife's only 5'3". Should I get 2 foot rests? Just kidding, Thanks again. I'll get into a Barth yet.

If you recall I was the guy asking about am MCC/Barth about a year ago. I didn't buy it but wonder if it was a mistake not buying it. I know the 8.2L Detroit is not great shakes but the coach looked cool with it's low profile. I think it would have gotten decent mileage on the road but would have dragged on the mountains without a turbo-charger.

I'm eyeballing Tom StClair's '91 30 footer and the '94 28.5 footer that's on the forum just now. Is newer better with Barth? I'd heard that later Barths are not quite up to the quality of the early '90's ones or am I wrong on that?

Thanks again for your help,

Bill

Posts: 55 | Location: Hagerstown, MD, USA | Member Since: 07-24-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
I made a foot rest for my wife out of some nice hardwood plywood. It is a box that had a slanting top and you can put your books and maps or what ever inside. My wife is 5'2" and I cut the seat post down and I still had to make a foot support. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post