Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Microwave Popcorn
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
My '88 regal has the original 700w convection/microwave. We really like having popcorn while watching a movie but my unit will not completely pop a bag. 3/4 minutes will get you a half popped bag and any longer burns the popcorn. Do these units get weak from old age? Has anyone replaced theirs with a newer unit?

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
To test your average microwave: Put one measuring cup of water in it, if it takes more then 3 minutes to bring it to a boil you have problems.

It cost me a $35.00 service call to learn this. If you want to replace the unit I suggest a GE 110V Advantium convection oven, but you won't like the price.

[This message has been edited by eric (edited July 18, 2003).]

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I concur the micro does not have the umf! So listen closely. The info you will hear will be the most valuable info you will obtain today, no matter what.

"Stir Crazy"

No not the movie but the pop corn popper. Deb and I are popcorn freaks. We have been unhappy with virtually every way of making pop corn on the road. Until the Stir Crazy it was the vegetable steamer on the stove, but the gas stoves in the Barth aren't high output so it takes for ever.

It sells for $34.95 at the store. We got ours at a garage sale for $5.00 and you can get them on Ebay for $20 or less. Trust me, you use almost no oil, never an un-popped kernel even with cheap pop corn. Orville lost all my business on this one.

You can take it to the bank!

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Just a note - thanks for all the suggestions and the microwave was very weak - wouldn't boil water in three minutes.. Went to local Costco and purchased a Sharp Microwave 1.0 cubic foot with 1000 watts of power for $55... Added benefit is it's 4" narrower and I gained extra storage space beside the unit.

Eric - the GE looks fine but not sure I would want a microwave thats worth more than the RV..

[This message has been edited by kc_rusty (edited July 20, 2003).]

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post