Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Maiden Voyage
 Login now/Join our community

posted
OK, so I have driven The Barth around town a bit but today qualified for the Maiden Voyage. An extended, 200 mile sight-seeing and shopping trip with the family (daughter, spousal unit, Golden Retriever and Scottish Terrier). We had a ball. Even with a very stiff wind and some no-shoulder 2-lane Alabama trails, I was comfortable with the handling. Navigated around the Boaz Outlet Mall parking lots with ease.

Put new airbags in the front. Now I need to raise the rear! Is there a similar kit for the rear? What does the collective use for rear sag control (no, I do not intend to join an aerobics class). :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Ain't it the pinnicle of traveling.....

Check this out for the rear, I have these and as my daughter would say "they rock", actually I guess they keep my coach from rocking.. http://www.hellwigproducts.com/newprod.html

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave, you da-man.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
One man's experience & another option. (not on a Barth, but a GM P-30 chassis clone)
Had the same problem. Existing steel auxiliary springs, (a la previous post), had sagged too. Tried Timbren rubber springs (timbren.com). They're not pneumatic. Raised the rear OK, but original springs were flat. They needed to be replaced.
Bought new springs from Benz Spring Co. in Portland, OR. Out the door for $460 the pair. Installed locally for $160.
My advice: Unless the original springs are in great shape and only a few years old, spend a little more and get new ones. Springs do get tired.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post