Forums    General Discussions    Flooring..
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Flooring..
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
In search of new flooring for my Barth, interested in the style/type/manufacturer of the product seen in Kevin's friends post for the $28K Barth for sale back in December..

one pic here..

also noticed, at least in this barth that the drivers compartment doesn't seem to step up an inch or 2 like mine? Maybe the 'XL' version's difference?

Anyone else doing flooring these days or have ideas? Removing old soiled carpeting..

Thanks,

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Ours has a vinyl plank quick lock flooring . Feels great on the feet and easy to maintain .

Similar to this one at Home Depot :

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ma...DMVCL019RC/318104847

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picture

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another picture

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
We still have carpet, but thinking of vinal flooring. My favorite lady thinks it will make the Barth noiser than it already is. So would like to hear from some one who had replaced carpet with some sort of hard floor.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
thanks for the pic's / info..

Does anyone have the 2" up-step in the drivers compartment like me? Flooring done under the couch also..? ( soon to be gone and replaced with...something..)

here's a pic... not my Barth..

Step up...

Did most folks leave carpet or do flooring 'up' there also?

Kevin, thanks for the mention of Philadelphia Commercial Flooring..will check that out..

also, after carpet removal, was the sub-floor smooth enough to just put planking on top or need for..maybe..1/4 plywood as a smoother surface on top? just a question..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I replaced all flooring in our 40' Foretravel with a 12x12 vinyl tile. I left a 1/4 grout line so that it looks like ceramic tile. If you are up to this as DIY project the total cost is only $200 to $300 for the materials. Floor prep, tile, grout, and etc. This is the only flooring in the coach. Front, back, bath area, kitchen. Also makes cleaning the floor much simpler.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Find this thread of great interest. All input greatly appreciated. Thanks. (Incidentally, had to take my shoes off to inspect my coach when purchasing but an upgrading is inevitable.)

So many options (plank, vinyl, etc.) and procedure (it appears Barth first laid the flooring (carpet) and then installed the cabinetry, furnishings and the like). Major project foreseen.

What were your experiencing's? Barths Rule! Wink

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Another picture of the floor. Gary I can't say that we have noticed any increase in noise. Before hand we had Carpet upfront. Laminate in the kitchen and shower area and carpet in the bedroom. There was also carpet in that little area for the commode. As you might guess that little piece of carpet is what led to changing the whole floor front to back. As Mrs, Cagle says "What Idiot put carpet around the commode."

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post

Yes there is a step in a Gillig. I plan to some day put new flooring in the driver area step up. Removing the front seats and the mechanicals will be another project. There is also rubber insulation under the carpeted floor to keep the noise lower out front. Maybe leaving the carpet in the driver area is a good idea.
If you search flooring with "Kevin" as the posting person with an advanced search, you can see what took me 10 months to accomplish.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post