Tools
Reply To This Topic

92 Regency acceleration issue
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
SteveVW we beat you in the cold category -20f last night, now that is freezing ones ass off cold!!

Ok I am a bit soft headed "TOAD" does it mean, "take off and drive", ????

That is a cool outside of the box thought Duane. Yep when you get to your destination with your Barth or SOB, you can just unhook the car and "Take Off And Drive" in your car. We saw it first here on Barthmobile. TOAD is for just when you want to Take Off And Drive, with out your camper.
A bit off topic but when you are having acceleration problems with your coach you can always jump in the TOAD. By the way Bill I am looking for a 2014 CRV to be my next way to Take Off And Drive.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Great tow car, unfortunately 2014 was the last year you could tow four wheels down with the CRV. We almost bought a 2015 until I checked the specs out and realized they changed the transmission. We had to scramble to get a 2014. Love that car,it pulls nicely and is a convenient and comfortable vehicle. You’ll enjoy it.

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Geez Thank you Bill, I missed the obvious!!

I tow a Miata, on a two wheel trailer, I have to load it backwards and tie off the steering wheel straight. I am still thinking of buying a trailer from SteveVW instead of renting one when I tow. I mostly tow a bass boat.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Refraining from thread drift, I have a question about your CRV Toad posted here in this old topic.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
My CRV is four-wheel-drive. I tow according to the manufacturers recommendations. That means starting it up and running it through the gears for at least three minutes. This should be done once every eight hours cording to the manual. However, I do it about every four. I’ve been towing this car now for three years with out problems. I also had a Honda accord which I towed for 10 years before that with the same requirements. I don’t drive fast, and with cruise control I run around 62 to 63 miles an hour. I have however, on down grades I’ve hit 75.

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
2014 Honda CRV toad

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update on your "Toad" Bill G. I copied and pasted your reply in the Best Tow Behind Vehicle topic for future reference.

Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I hope this helps someone out. I think the CRV is a great towed.

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
2014 Honda CRV toad

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill G:
On our way to Florida yesterday I experienced for the first time acceleration issues with the Barth.....
Hopefully Tuesday they will bring me in and attempt to diagnose the problem. I would like to be able to give them some thoughts on this issue if anyone has any experiences similar to this please post. I’ll keep my eye on the site over the weekend. I will also post in Tech Talk all the information related to the repair when it is completed.

Thanks, BillG

Bill G, Tuesday has come and gone. We sure hope you are back on your way. When you get access to Barthmobile, please give us an update.

Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
We are not on our way yet. However the delay is mostly because of the New Year’s holiday and the snowstorm that followed it. That coupled with the extreme temperatures that we have been experiencing have really created problems for people in this area as well as us. The issue with our coach turned out to be airlines freezing. Since I have a pneumatic accelerator, ice buildup in the airlines restricted air movement. This caused momentary pauses in acceleration. Not knowing what had happened caused me to decide to have it towed to a shop. Since the driveshaft had been removed, I had new universal joints installed. I had asked for desiccant to be replaced in the air dryer and antifreeze to be added to the airlines. However, the snowstorm has stalled the repair. The u-joints were installed but the desiccant and antifreeze have not yet been installed. Hopefully, that will take place this Monday and we will be able to continue our journey on Tuesday. Thanks to everyone for all of the advice. This is the first time I traveled in such extreme cold. As such, experiencing airline freeze up was not something that I was familiar with. Obviously, this experience became more extreme given the fact it that happened just before the New Year’s weekend so we only really only Tuesday and Wednesday for triage and repair before the blizzard hit Chesapeake along with the rest of the East Coast especially New England.
Some adventures in life are not as positive as others. However, for me, they’re always interesting. It’s important to learn to deal with things effectively when you don’t have much control over them.

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
2014 Honda CRV toad

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
A wonderful way to look at things, Bill. There's a saying most have probably read or heard of: "It's all about the journey". My guess is that you both have met some nice people, done some interesting things, and perhaps had a positive effect on some lives. Smiler

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post