Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

description of Barth models
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Would someone please provide a brief description of the various models . . . Regency, Breakaway, etc. Thank you

Posts: 1 | Location: north little rock, ar | Member Since: 05-09-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There are a variety of models - as you probably already know. A good place to start as a primer is the Barths for Sale forum and check out the first five threads.

More info (mostly photos) is on the Barth CD, which can be ordered from Bill N Y for $25, a very worthwhile buy.

Those'll give you an idea of what the various models look like. Anyway:

Pre-early '80s: All gaso, mostly pullers. No model designation usually

Regal: Gaso puller, gaso genset, ~28'-33', GM P-30/32 chassis, Workhorse chassis and others.

MCC Barth/MCC Regency: MCC Chassis, DD 8.2L, diesel genset; some with fiberglass body. 35'

Regency: Diesel pusher (Cat 3208T most common), diesel genset, Gillig chassis most common. 32-40', most widebody.

Breakaway: Diesel pusher (Cummins 5.9L, 160-230HP most common, except some '94s with DD 6.5L TD, 190HP), LPG genset. 28', 30', 32/33'.

Monarch: Diesel pusher (Cummins 8.3L common), diesel genset, Spartan chassis common. 34', 36', and 38' known. Widebody. Rare.

Sovereign: Diesel pusher (C 8.3L), diesel genset, Spartan chassis. Widebody. Rarer still. One seen: 36'

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post