Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1985 Barth Regal
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of DougG
posted
Hi All,
I've been lurking here for a few months, mostly checking upgrades. My wife and I bought a 1985 Barth Regal 31-FP1 from my parents. Their fur babies got too big and there was no room for the humans. They've upgrade to a larger coach with sliders.

I was trying to find the data tag to post here. It looks like it might be on the driver side hidden behind the curtains. I'll check their next time we take him out.

Its mostly stock, except the 427 was removed and replaced with a 518. And we put in a new transmission last month. Oh, and the twin beds were removed for a king bed.

We did our first outing last weekend with very few issues.

We're out in the SF Bay Area in California, but the Barth was out in the Jackson, CA area originally.

Posts: 3 | Location: San Carlos, California | Member Since: 10-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and enjoy your new coach Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site! Thumbs Up

Hopefully the coach is fully operational and you can enjoy it. As you know by now there is much info here on the site and many who will help if they can.

Keep us posted with your projects and travels. Good to know there are folks like you who will still take on these old coaches.

Enjoy! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5187 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Greetings from Los Gatos! Welcome to The Barth community.Lots of knowledge here and hope you enjoy. If you are down in this MESSY shop with my new Cummins being prepared for my Breakaway.

Later I will send you a PM with my contact info

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougG
posted Hide Post
Its in really good condition and everything seems to be working well.
@Ed, right down the peninsula from us. Our Barth is actually stored down in San Jose off of 87. There's no room at our place and I'm not paying $500 a month to store it around here.

My first project will be to build some kind of sleeping for our 12 year old over the dash area. I really don't want to put holes in all the nice wood. Probably something that will be propped up by the seats and dash.

At some point I'd like to increase the amount of solar on the roof. It has a 100 watt panel up there now. I'm assuming that is aftermarket? I don't recall seeing a lot of solar back in the 80s.

Posts: 3 | Location: San Carlos, California | Member Since: 10-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post