Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tank sizes
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I know that the obvious will present itself as I drive and utilize the MH, but can anyone tell me the approximate fuel capacity of a 1984 28' Regal?

BTW: AutoZone has a bolt-on replacement fuel pump for the Kohler generator...$34.00.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Ron,

I have two 45 gal tanks.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
On our '85 28' P-30, we have a single 80 gal. aluminum tank. It is rated at 70 gal. with a 10 gal reserve.

------------------

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I have two tanks on the P30 so mine must be the 45-gal setup.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Barths were usually made to order, so I would not assume anything. Carry a five gallon jug with you, and run the tank dry. Fill from the jug and get to a station and fill up. You will then have a pretty accurate capacity reading. With the wildly variable gas pricing, knowing how far you can go can save you a lot of money. It really hurts to fill up and find a station 20 cents cheaper a few more miles down the road.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A man after my own heart Bill. That 20-cents a gallon would ruin my day if I'd just pumped 50-gallons or so! Think I'll run one at a time down really low (and trust the switch-over will work) and try to figure the sizes that way.

Dave: Nice picture card. Snow looks beautiful to me here in the south. :-)

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Ron,

The switch over works fine. The first time we went on a trip I wasn't look and I ran out of gas going 65 on the freeway and the engine died. I did the switch and voila away we went. I love it when things work...

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post