Forums    General Discussions    using a commercial shipper..?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

using a commercial shipper..?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
anyone have experience shipping their rig using a commercial shipper like USHIP or CITIZENSHIPPER?

any stories? all good I hope but if not, lets hear it..

tnx, Mike W

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Just remember USHIP is just a connector. The actual transportation is done by another company or individual and you better make sure their insurance and credential are up to date. Also heard about some "hostage" situation, i.e. they hold the delivery until you fork out more money.
It is the EBAY of shipping.

Read fairratefreight.com/uship-myths/

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
uship.pissedconsumer.com
Computer

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Hey Marvin, I am a member of a military vehicle site that uses various shipping companies and individuals to move trucks around the country w/ good and bad experiences with various entities including UShip... As you mentioned, they are only a clearing house that allows private drivers to bid on 'jobs'. You generally have choices on which driver to choose. I suppose you could check with a moving company for recommendations but, as always. do the research..

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post