Tools
Reply To This Topic

Glassnose vs Europa
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
I've noted a striking similarity between the Barth Glassnose and the Europa. The Europa was made by the USA Corporation and powered by a Chevy 350. USA was bought out by Isata in the late 90s and the RV was rebadged as a Isata Touring Coach. Then Dynamax bought Isata. Isata switched to the Ford chassis in the late 90s, but there were still some Europas/Isatas made on both chassis as late as 1999. Is it possible that USA Corp made the front of the Glassnose for Barth?

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
I've noted a striking similarity between the Barth Glassnose and the Europa. The Europa was made by the USA Corporation and powered by a Chevy 350. USA was bought out by Isata in the late 90s and the RV was rebadged as a Isata Touring Coach. Then Dynamax bought Isata. Isata switched to the Ford chassis in the late 90s, but there were still some Europas/Isatas made on both chassis as late as 1999. Is it possible that USA Corp made the front of the Glassnose for Barth?

Jim

Jim lay off the soda pop, those two vehicles' could not look or operate any different! It is ok, I once thought a Ford Windstar looked like a GMC Safari. Sorry

Jim this funny, I hope you are laughing too!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
http://www.oldbalddude.com/wp-...oads/2019/01/IMG.jpg
Europa was a real motor home made by the USA Motors Corporation. It was bought out by Isata and then by Dynamax. Click on this link. It really looks like the front of a glassnose to me. And I've only had 2 glasses of vino. Heck, somebody had to make that nose!!
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Here's the real story:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...391068061#2391068061

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
A Nose has the lights 90 degrees, there are 2 air openings recessed, there are 2 flaps, a real bumper, the wind shield is almost vertical, not to mention the bulge across the front. Jim glasses to go with the wine... ROTFLMAO

Sure Steve bring up the fact our leader, has a distinct and warped mind against the Euro... Superman

I am going for a lot of Miler lite//// To ease the hurt!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Actually it was Bill h from Arizona. A real wizard that we lost to cancer a few years ago. I do regret not having met him.
The Euro had a short nose cone, the other coach front end goes back to the side door. Seems a longer taper too.

I don't remember if it was ever established who made the Nose for the Euro. I am not sure where the glass fronts on the Monarchs were made either.

I don't think Barth tooled up for either and they were separated by over ten years. (Actually the Monarch was Barth RSV anyway)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
More wine, please. That thing may end up looking like a Greyhound bus if I have enough confusion

On a more serious note, Bill's passing was a very sad thing. He was a very good writer and I enjoyed some nice conversations with him about motor homes and life in general. Another widow to add to the long list of widows I pray for in the mornings. Frowner
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Sorry for my mistake in who did that yarn about the Euro.

There are some of the best fiberglass manufacturing shops in the country in Elkhart, I assume Barth found a local manufacturer to do the Glass Nose piece, now it would have taken a real imagination to do the visual design though. (AKA, warped mind) Maybe we can check that out if we get some of the Barth Employees to attend our GTG in June. I sure wish there were more Euro's than my Nose attending. Would be fun to compare units.

P30 chassis
350 engine