Forums    General Discussions    I'm sorry how much was that again?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I'm sorry how much was that again?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Bill, when we were coming back from the Washington GTG, we had a fuel supply problem and decided to drop the tank when we got home since we never had looked at it. As it turned out, it was clean as was the sock on the pick up, but there were a few rusty spots that were more than surface deep. I've used a company called Roppel's in Kentucky before on my Volvo tank. They first sand blast the inside and outside, then repair any holes by welding, then a wash to remove any residual sand, then a coating called 'Renu' that is painted on the inside and outside and then baked at high temperature. They guarantee the results for life. The product is used by truckers for battery trays and even resists battery acid.
I'll send the sending unit to a guy in New York that has a company that specializes in rebuilding sending units, replacing any worn parts, re coating, new fuel sock. They even build custom pick ups.
I have a 100' each of Shields 'fire/alcohol' rated 3/8" and 7/16" hose that I bought last year. It is quite substantial and I planned to use it instead of the metal tubing. It's both fire and alcohol rated and I bought it because of the ethanol that we now are forced to deal with, a gift from agri-business lobbyists. The hose is used in marine applications I believe. The wall thickness is about 1/4". What do you think? 100' of the 3/8" was over $100. I also bought a bunch of stainless, fuel injection style, hose clamps for the whole mess.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post