Forums    General Discussions    I'm sorry how much was that again?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I'm sorry how much was that again?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Chuck M
posted
Hey Gang....

Just had another dose of motorhome maintenance, new brakes, rotors, etc...8 new tires, new batteries, and an oil change! $3,500 Smack-a-roos

Since I am as handy as a paper clip....I reached into my tool box (also known as "The Check Book") clarified the company's name and closed the deal!

Said to the wife and kids we are definitely going on a long trip once school lets out. I can hardly wait!

I really have no way of explaining it but I find no matter what I have had to do to fix or maintain this coach......it all fades from my memory when I turn over that engine. It must be that feeling that you can really go just about anywhere, anytime, at your speed that hooks us all.

That I guess is the real beauty of being a Barth Motorhome owner.

Hope all is well!

Chuck M

1994 36' Regal
GM 502 Fuel Injected Supercharger
Chevy Chassis
Data Tag Number:: 9406 3913 36FC 1B

Posts: 27 | Location: Delaware | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
B.O.A.T. stands for break out another thousand
B.A.R.T.H must stand for Be Aware Rving Takes Hundreds? Razzer
could not work out the letters to equate with the proper number of decimals editing invited.

Posts: 1067 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
You got a hell of a deal! 8 tires for the Regency would cost me $400 each (I have 6) so the brakes and rotors had to be really cheap. Not to be comparable but my last maintenance involved replacing the driveshaft universals (after reading the horror story here); new torque arm bushings and alignment involving welding adjustment plates to correct alignment (Bill NY may be able to explain that); curing electrical woes with the bumper mounted backup lights and backup safety buzzer, lube, change all fluids and get the oil and water lab diagnosis; service the generator; change the air dryer; and replace all the heater hoses from the engine through the entire coach; and change all filters etc - $7,000. But it has 117,000 and was all original and now the steering, ride and reliability is well worth it. BTW a new friend had similar things done to his Prevost and spent $18,000 (but he did get tires).

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Gee, and I think my $300 gas tank repair is bad Eeker
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chrisW
posted Hide Post
That actually does sound like a good deal!!

When working on the other toy (Porsche) all my friends have figured out that it sounds cheaper to revise the units – we came to the determination that a “Porsche Unit” = $2,000 (for some reason those folks that take their car to the dealer/shop always get bills in $2,000 multiples). I work on my own…but it still seems to round out to $2k per project.

So maybe we should make a “Barth Unit” $1,000….that means the repair/maintenance that you had done only cost 3.5 Barth Units….sounds better already!

1985 Regency 35'
8.2T Detriot Diesel / Allison
other toys - a bunch of old Porsches, a GT350 and a '65 mustang convertible.

Posts: 164 | Location: Syracuse NY | Member Since: 07-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
quote:
So maybe we should make a “Barth Unit” $1,000….that means the repair/maintenance that you had done only cost 3.5 Barth Units….sounds better already!

I second the motion!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
You did get a deal, plus it was (I assume) professionally done. If I had a blown 502 under my cover, I would be going through brakes and tires once a year ! ! ! Nothing ammuses the masses like a motorhome burn-out !
Tooling Along ROTFLMAO Tooling Along

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.