Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I feel like I just lost a family member
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Well our little Barth was sold this morning. I have to say I feel like someone has ripped my insides out. The first time I saw the Barth, I called my Dad and told him it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen. That I had never even heard of this thing called a Barth, he sternly told me son don't you leave there without that RV and man was he ever right. In the 6 years I have owned it, never once did it let us down, never once did something not work. By far the best built vehicle I have ever owned. Something tells me my future self will look back and deeply regret this sale. But I allowed the wife to pick what we kept and she wanted the Phaeton. The family that bought it are wonderful people, he actually worked for Barth and his name was on the blueprints. He had been searching for years and it is crazy how the stars just seemed to line up directing him my way. Funny but as she was pulling out headed to her new home, I had the urge to call dad and tell him--That Barth, yep that's the prettiest RV I have ever seen.

tim c Nash

Posts: 11 | Location: alabama | Member Since: 05-09-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Touching post TIM! Thanks for sharing with our community. Tooling Along

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Tim, I feel the same way.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Tim, that is why I have two. The 86 Regal I bought from a relative, spent money and time on it and it is a good reliable coach.

When I saw the newer larger one I could not resist buying it and it is great.

I just can't see selling the Regal. Too much invested, too many memories to let it go yet. Stored inside it is safe and sound.

My name is Steve, I am a Barth junkie...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMcD
posted Hide Post
Tim, I've got to say Thank you, from our family to yours. I'm glad you held onto it for us. As Tim was saying, I helped design the Breakaway model, and produced most of the blue prints. In 1991 the temporary president of Barth (I think his name was Wanamaker? Mike Umbaugh was trying to let go of the day to day operations of the business at that point, but that did not last) let me take one of the first Breakaway models for a weekend trip. I would have been 22 at the time, my friends and I took the Breakaway and drove it to Cedar Point and camped in their RV park. Every since that weekend I have wanted to own a Breakaway. Now thanks to Tim, I own of the the units that I designed, It's even the right year and month, and could very well be the one I took to Cedar Point, but I have no way of knowing for sure. So again Thank you Tim, and we will take good care of it.....by the way did you ever name it?

JM

Posts: 15 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 02-21-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
As another multi Barth owner I can relate. If we were to get a motor coach I think it would be a Breakaway. We have a similar story to yours, at the first Milford GTG Roy Archer came out and told us the story of how he and Barth built the first trailer. It really bonded us with ours. Hope you have many good years with yours.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Barb and I love our Breakaway. We hopscotch lower Michigan with it each year and put it away for winter. It has never seen snow. It literally is a "jump in and go, and when you get there, take 5-10 minutes to do the hookups and then it's Pina Coladas and Bon Bons."

We love our Barth!

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of Jim Roller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Roller:Congratulations on your 98. Ours is a 98 Executive 39'. I just finished remodeling the inside with new FRP paneling, ceramic tile and carpet. We'd love to see your new one. Jim & Joanie
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Tim, that is why I have two. The 86 Regal I bought from a relative, spent money and time on it and it is a good reliable coach.

When I saw the newer larger one I could not resist buying it and it is great.

I just can't see selling the Regal. Too much invested, too many memories to let it go yet. Stored inside it is safe and sound.

My name is Steve, I am a Barth junkie...

Posts: 10 | Location: Naperville, Illinois | Member Since: 09-10-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Here is the coach Steve purchased . In the " Barth coaches sold " section of the forum .

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/8883903887

Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Funny how life goes in circles, Gerry Wannamaker was the President at Dometic, when the Swedish Krona was to high Electrolux the Dometic parent company, brought the 10 cubic foot model to Evansville Ind, and started a new refrigerator line called Servel. I was the engineer that set up all the manufacturing, unfortunately for me I did not fit in with the Evansville folks, I had relocated from the other Dometic plant . Gerry Wannamaker a Canadian, got to big for his britches and Electrolux management fired him and returned all refrigerator manufacturing to Sweden. Barth was a Dometic customer, and hired him. I was working at Norcold when all this went on. What a world!!!

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post