Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Help!! Need info on commercial unit
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I was looking to buy a 1988 34ft commercial(used for Health screenings)Barth unit. The one I am looking at has a 454 Chevy gas engine. Any info and what price they would go for would be appreciated. Picure of unit is at members.aol.com/mgroely/barth1.jpg & members.aol.com/mgroely/barth2.jpg

[This message has been edited by mgroely (edited October 13, 2002).]

Posts: 10 | Member Since: 10-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Depending on what you want the end result to be. Remember, you can buy a very nice 1985 28ft Barth with beds, frig, bath and everything ready to go for 12-18K. There is a 1980 something commercial Barth on rvtrader online for 10K. Unless you have a vision of somekind here and this unit fits that vision then go after it. Dan Besco in DeMoines picked up a bookmobile and is turning it into a diamond. But, let me tell you it is a lot of work. I always have an opinion on everything. I would say $5-7K max. In fact, last year there was a 28 foot Regal for sale on this website that was reeaaly rough. But it was a motorhome. The guy wanted $10K for it. A potential buyer went and looked at it. Saw that it didn't run and needed some tuneup work. I think he finally drove away for $4K.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited October 13, 2002).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys, thanks for getting back to me so fast. I forgot to say that I wanted to keep it in its commercial state. I am going to use it for business. My concern is what to look for mechanically, and a fair price. The mileage is 64,ooo original miles. It has 2 roof a/c, a 15,000 watt generator, heat,tanks, toilet, darkroom, room for x-ray, and more.It doesnt have a full bath or fridge. Anything else would help.

Posts: 10 | Member Since: 10-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
sounds like a cool unit. Not too many miles. I bet it is pretty wide open. I couldn't get the link to work. My opinion, which is worth exactly what you are paying for it, is. that it would go for upper $20's to low $30's. However, for a commercial unit like this, if it meets your needs and is in good shape, you may want to pay more. You would probably pay more if it had someother name on it.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post