Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Coast to Coast in my new Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of brumi
posted
Hello everyone
This is my first post. I have just completed a 4,000 mi trip from the West coast to the East coast in a new to me Barth. Remarkable trip on many levels. Crater Lake, Bonneville Salt Flats, Reno, Nevada, Salt Lake City Mount Rushmore, Badlands of S Dakota, Indianapolis speedway. It was my first time riding in an RV let alone driving one. First time ever staying in a campground. I am pleased to say all went well. Hooking up and emptying was a snap. Not at all as difficult as I had imagined it might be. Getting into a KOA after dark in S. Dakota was made easy with the roof mounted spotlight to find the site number and the utility light to illuminate the side hookup area. A bad cell in the 6 month old engine battery required replacing the battery. A windshield wiper broke while driving in a helacious Iowa wind and rain storm. Other than that it was like butter. I was impressed with two things. The average fuel consumption was just over 10.2 mpg. Oil comsumption was less than a quarter of a quart. Quite impressive considering the mountains we climbed and the 65 mph pace on the highways. It seemed right at home at 60, 65, or 70 mph. Smooth as driving my Tahoe. No overheating problems in the 80 degree temps of Oregon and Nevada. Air conditioner cooled the coach nicely and the furnace kept us warm in the 30 degree nights in Wyoming , Dakota and Wisconsin. I think it will be perfect for taking my vintage race car to the vintage races next season. Hopefully kick off in Sebring this winter.
Pics and more info to follow if you are at all interested

Posts: 14 | Location: ny | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the group. You're in for a wicked good time here at Barthmobile. Our host Bill NY will keep you out of lots of trouble, although it looks as though you've figured out how to stay clear of the repair man on your own.

What is your Barth? Where did it come from? I imagine everyone would love pictures and of course the data tag info if not yet recorded.

Anyway, glad to see a new member and you will be an especially great advocate as you jumped right in with both feet.

Isn't camping a blast?

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brumi:
Hello everyone
This is my first post...
Pics and more info to follow if you are at all interested
Hello Fellow New Yorker and welcome to the site! My name is Bill and this is my 3964th post. Are we interested in your Barth and pictures etc...? Yes! Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
Brumi,
Glad you had a sucessfull trip.
If you are at the Sebring Vintage races in December, I will be there and I will certainly come look you up.
What is your vintage race car??

Ray

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
What are the dates of the Vintage races at Sebring? The Hillsborough GTG is the weekend of the 4th, so that would be out for me, but if it's after that I'd like to come over. I've been to the 12 hrs. and the stock car weekend but never the vintage. My buddy Scott used to crew for Brenda? Johnson, Brian Johnson's [AC/DC], wife. I believe she ran an old Lotus.
Anyhow, WELCOME to the new members and thanks for sharing the story of your first journey. It's always nice to hear good news.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
danny ..I know of the AC Ace/Bristol, what class is an AC/DC?

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Brian Johnson's [AC/DC], wife.

Oh, Oh..........looks like Bill's filter is malfunctioning again.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Brian is lead singer,[some might question that term], for a very successful rock band called AC/DC. My personal opinion is that AC/DC's claim to fame is 3 chords and a catch phrase. Brian lives in Sarasota and frequents the local fund raisers and society gigs. Very good people from what I understand. I just don't much like the music. If you want to hear them, just tune in any "classic rock" station. Every 3rd song is AC/DC Mad!!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Brian is lead singer,[some might question that term], for a very successful rock band called AC/DC.

OH...living El Lay, I had a slightly different take on AC/DC.

My bad.

quote:
My personal opinion is that AC/DC's claim to fame is 3 chords and a catch phrase.

Very succinctly put. Smiler

quote:
If you want to hear them, just tune in any "classic rock" station. Every 3rd song is AC/DC Mad!!

We have given up on FM here in El Lay. Our latest audio purchase is an integrated amp with no tuner. Don't miss FM much at all. I was down to two favorite stations, and the Mexican one had commercials that make Billy Mays sound like a John Kerry speech. Or one of Eisenhower's State of the Union speeches.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OH! that AC/DC

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
now that Bill H brought it out I mean up I was going to PM Danny about the ac/dc I thought he meant <- -> He said the wife didn't he?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
Sebring race is same weekend as the Florida get together.

http://www.sebringraceway.com/hsr.lasso

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post