Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Those pesky wiper blades
 Login now/Join our community

posted
AutoZone doesn't have a clue! OK, so I haven't done a lot of research thus far, but what are forums for except to save time and make you look like an idiot in front of your peers!

What are you doing for wiper blade replacements? Simple refills are too narrow. The whole thing is a bit off-normal for the stock in my local auto parts stores.

wiper blades, linkages and motors

What????

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Ron,

I found mine at Camping World, and I know you don't have one there in Huntsville. In fact, I am sorry I can't help you. I just went out and couldn't find any markings on the wiper. I do know that even though the Camping World (Trico)blades were the right side. The little slots didn't fit in the arms, so I had to get out my handy little Dremel and expant them about 1/32 in. I know this is no help but I would check your RV places and truck stops.

Is it me, but how many folks have recently found places like NAPA to be useless. It seems like the people that work there are around 17 years old and the most popular phrase other than "nope, ain't got anything like that" is "I don't know".

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ron,

I know the place to ease your frustration:
Call these people and give them your year, make and vin#. They have what your looking for... AND ITS CLOSE TO HOME... They will ship it to you...

Good Luck,

Al

E-Mail:
webmaster@rometruckparts.com

Phone & Fax: Phone: (706)-295-4345
Toll Free: (800)-284-4345
Fax: (706)-234-6292
Government
Sales Fax: (706)-295-4484

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
My 84 gasser uses Trico 64-201 blades. Any counter clerk who knows the English alphabet should be able to get them.

Dave, your comment on counter clerks doesn't just apply to Napa. This whole country worships at the altar of cheap labor. Quality, service, repeat customers, etc goes out the window. And, unfortunately, there seems to be an endless supply of cheap labor. More are coming, and they reproduce rapidly. Everyone seems to be short sighted, with the consumer looking for the lowest cost product, regardless of quality or durability, and for the manufacturers, it's just maximum profits NOW.

None of this applies to us Barth owners, of course, as we have proven our dedication to purchasing a quality product. But the best-selling motor home manufacturer did not get that way by making a quality product.

End of rant.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again. The BarthBoard is always there for support.

I am subject to the Dremel-adjustment method also. Will take the Trico number to local supply house tomorrow. If that fails, I'll contact the link in Rome (GA??).

At least I discovered the lack of wiper capability while close to home.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, I took that Trico part number to Advance Auto Parts and they have them in stock! $12 apiece, but readily available. Thanks for the tip.

Now, who has a source for cheap Jeep Cherokee in-tank fuel pumps? My toad stopped functioning yesterday and the local Firestone repair shop wanted $800 to replace the fuel pump! If it ain't one thing, it's another. :-)