Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Aluminum Damage
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09
Picture of Steve Sorrentino
posted
Just got the word from the repair shop that a piece of equipment lost its brakes and ran into my 1990 wide Body Regal on the top rear corner. All the damage is on the Double outside top corner. Has anybody ever dealt with a repair like that? Can that piece be reproduced? Any information would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance, Steve

Posts: 60 | Location: Grass Valley CA. | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
The rear corner was originally produced from a stamping that sorta look like a sink. The corners were then cut out. There were a couple of these stamping sold at the 2012 Milford GTG. I think John Sloop bought them. You might PM him.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Man, your luck is lke mine. Of all places it HAD to be the double corner.

As Craig said they were originally stamped. You might get lucky and find one.

They can be fabricated by hand using tools and techniques from the aircraft industry. If I were looking for a repair I would check for an old craftsman with an english wheel. They can make almost anything.

DustyJeeper made some corners when he modified his coach. Check his thread. Rubber mallets, sand bags and shot bags all come in handy.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
You should check with Sloop. He bought a corner at the Milford GTG a few years back. Good Luck
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I should have read the entire post before shooting my mouth off.

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hey Kenny we miss you folks. We need to have another Minnesnowta GTG! Hope to see you soon.

Oops, sorry for the thread drift...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just an update on my search for replacement corners.
I was able to source perfect fit replacements from
KampCo steel products in Elkhart Indiana. They are made from .50
Aluminum and part number 5034 is the 12" radius
Price was totally fair at $36 plus shipping. I have not done the repair yet but they are a perfect overlay to the original. They also make 6"
Radius as well
Hope this helps other members

Posts: 60 | Location: Grass Valley CA. | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Thank you for sharing that source! Saves so much time next time around. That's what makes this site so useful.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Crazyshakespeare13
posted Hide Post
If possible please document your repair. I had a tornado bash a carport into my back left corner and wasn't sure the most economic way of repairing it. Also, how did you go about getting the correct measurement and radius?

Posts: 69 | Location: Ft. Worth | Member Since: 01-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
KampCo steel products

Hey Kevin, Is this where you had the J frames made?

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Great detective work Steve.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve. Glad I could contribute
To the group. I'll be sure to give updates on
The repair.

posted Hide Post
Wow, sorry for the size of that picture.
How do I shrink that down?