Forums    General Discussions    What kind of Barth is this?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

What kind of Barth is this?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello. Someone is trying to give me a Barth. It isn't in the best of conditions. Supposedly, it will start and the engine and transmission work fine. The outside is not in bad shape. If I could figure out how to post a picture I would. The inside, especially the carpeted areas are nasty. It wouldn't surprise me if heat and air don't work. I'm not sure about the generator. Is there any value to this mobile home, even for free. I wouldn't mind trying to slowly recondition it, but investing in it scares me. Can we tell from this information on the tags what exactly I have?

The tag says "incomplete vehicle". Whatever that mean. "Manufactured by Chrysler Corporation". "Serial No: 73121496MC23SP R40CA4S004003

Posts: 1 | Location: Chicago, Illinois | Member Since: 01-20-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It appears you have a rare coach. Most of the Barth gassers were GM, only a few Dodge.

7312 year and month of manufacture (Dec 1973) coach # is 1496, MC23 indicates a 23 ft coach and SP is the floorplan code.

The rest is the Chrysler VIN stuff.

Here is a discussion of one like it.

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...&s=7031072951&cdra=Y

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post