Forums    General Discussions    Very rare Barth?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Very rare Barth?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/22
Picture of Ian and Lynnette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcF:
Found a few cool things inside the camper today. When I get a little time I’ll digitize the “plant tour” book for forum members to look at. Really neat to see how these campers were actually built.

Would still really like to see this, if you get time...

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Would love to look through those notebooks.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/21
Picture of HeartBarths
posted Hide Post
Impressive!

Posts: 49 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Member Since: 08-06-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keith Hopper
posted Hide Post
very cool

1988 Regency
38' Gillig
3208 T Cat

Posts: 161 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Member Since: 03-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any truth to the "only 2 built" story? If so, I just happened to stumble upon the other.

Would have knocked on the door of the house, but the reaction of the two (rather excitable) dogs suggested maybe visitors were not welcome.

I'm an Avion guy myself, but knew upon seeing it this had to be something special.

Posts: 2 | Location: Minnesota | Member Since: 01-23-2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Wow Keith a rare find indeed. That unit looks to have led a sheltered life. It is in crazy good looking external condition. Avion so you know the value of all aluminum construction.

It’s always fun when we get someone new to the group from Minnesnowta. You are not near by or there would be much more snow.

Your welcome to come meet up with like minded folks at our get together in Springfield Mn in June. I’m in Waseca.

Thanks for sharing.

I went back and looked at the previous posts. The bustle butt and the windows. From just this one picture I suspect this may be the one that started this post originally? Someone bought and brought to Minnesnowta? Zip Dee awnings over the small windows could have been added in the redo. Can see new air conditioner. Original post shows a vented door for something. This picture shows a plate covering that spot.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1380 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
WOW! Thanks for the excellent photo! A rare bird, indeed.

Just when you think you've seen them all, one like this pops ups. Roadworthy shape too.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5156 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
There is almost enough detail and quality of workmanship to think Barth built this 5th wheeler. They get my vote anyway.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dana,
I'm sort of thinking along the same lines as you are and am wondering if it's the same fifth wheel posted earlier in 2021. Nevertheless, it's a really unique Barth and it would be nice if there were two of them still in existence. Keith MN thanks for posting. Any chance that you know Cesar Millan's phone number? He could be very helpful under the circumstances Wink

John

Posts: 55 | Location: Central Pa. | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s always fun when we get someone new to the group from Minnesnowta. You are not near by or there would be much more snow.

Correct - this one was spotted in the land of beer and cheese (aka Wisconsin), somewhere near Kenosha. I'd be more specific, but I didn't actually make note of where the place was!

I've definitely seen Barth motorhomes (there are, in fact, at least two up in my neck of the woods, an hour plus north of the Cities). And I'd heard of Barth trailers. But this one really turned my head!

From what I could see, my bet is that it's largely unrestored but has been made functional, and gets around in the warm months. You can't see it from this angle, but the right curved window had a pirate flag (skull and crossbones) hanging in it - take that however you like!

But I'm not certain this is the same trailer as in earlier posts. Look at the nose, under the front windows, near the Barth emblem. On the earlier-pictured trailer, this panel appears to be made from two pieces of aluminum (line of rivets going down it, just left of center). The one I saw, it appears to be all one piece of aluminum, with no seam I can see.

quote:
Your welcome to come meet up with like minded folks at our get together in Springfield Mn in June. I’m in Waseca.

Being from Waseca, you may have heard one of my projects... some recent technical improvements at radio stations KOWZ, KRUE, and KFOW. (I work as a broadcast engineer.)

If the various classic aluminum coaches are welcome, perhaps my Avion (see below) would fit in with the gang.

Posts: 2 | Location: Minnesota | Member Since: 01-23-2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Keith, welcome aboard they let almost anyone in, even Chris craft drivers. If I had a beefier TV for our first camper I think we might still have the one we first checked out, a short Avion! I don't remember the length but probably a 19 and Avion class! A friend referred to them as Airstream without the tunnel ROTFLMAO
Tim

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Can’t see the forest for the trees sometimes. I was looking at all the other stuff never noticed the rivets. I also reread all the previous post. Looked like Marc was rebuilding his. The Facebook link is void.

Your would certainly be welcome. We are not a snobbish group.

When I was at Cabela’s I often listened to those stations. I’ll have to check it out. They were some of the few that would penetrate the building. Often had them on in my office.

North of the cities there are a number of coaches. Some friends some we have not meet.

Your trailer looks very nice. Thanks for showing it to us.

Thanks again for posting.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1380 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post