Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida 2018
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Left Eustis Mon AM. Chickened out, went back to I75 (35 miles 58 minutes...)

Arrived at Meadowlark Shores Monday afternoon. We asked for a 50 amp site, the one they assigned was about 30 ft and 30 amps... The woman at the desk seemed confused, thankfully another employee realized and reassigned us to site 119, right across from Deb&Eds Barth. (Their good friends are staying in it for a while.)

Upper 80's and sunny, what a difference from last week! Took a test ride in the VW to visit Deb&Ed. We will be here until next week. Looking forward to seeing Danny and Susie this weekend.

I will get back to the Barth projects. Will post pics soon but wifi is slow here.

good to see friends, good weather, good times. Life is good.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
How was the test ride in the VW?

Don't you feel a little guilty because it is supposed to be minus 1 tonight Deadhorse

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looks like you have room next to you. Since you moved could you go to the office and ask them to move Suzie and I too? Planning to be there mid afternoon Friday. Should be a fun weekend.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Another great week at Meadowlark Shores. Lots of friendly people, great weather, too. Danny and Susie stopped in for the weekend. We got together with Deb&Ed on their "other Barth" (boat) for a ride up the river. What a fine way to spend an afternoon!

Ed will let anyone pilot this thing!

Looks like something right out of Gilligan's Island! ROTFLMAO

We left this morning to stay 3 nights at Ortona Locks. You can see it across the river from Meadowlark but it is about 20 miles away!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We crossed the river and got our site at Ortona Locks South park. Really nice Fed park. Big sites, great scenery, very quiet, and cheap! Two week maximum stay, no sewer hookup but still a great place.

Now that the VW is broken in, we'll trade places and save some diesel fuel. Good thing Florida is flat! ROTFLMAO

Boats are going up and down river regularly so you can watch them as they lock up and down.

We are headed to Oak Haven, near Port Charlotte, tomorrow morning. We'll be there all month. Our neighbors from Kalkaska are accross the street and Danny and Susie are less than an hour away. Should be a good time! Thumbs Up

Still waiting for a few more PB photos head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Great camp site, better look out the window before you exit the Barth, might be a big ole gator on your doorstep. I envy the shorts and T-shirts...ENJOY!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nice pix. We had a good time over the weekend and look forward to seeing you guys up this way soon.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Arrived here at Oak Haven after a short drive on March 1. Just outside of Port Charlotte, about 6 miles east of exit 170 on I75.

Nice location, close to stores and restaurants near I75 but not busy nearby. An older rv park but we have a nice wide site on the first street off the road. (The trailer left of us is on our site but there is plenty of room so I don't really mind. The storage area is full.) Very little traffic since the road is a dead end to the near by boat ramp on the Peace River. Wifi at the clubhouse is fairly good but somewhat unpredictable.

Our neighbors from home have a park model across the street at Lettuce Lake park. We'll be here the rest of March. I will get back to the Barth projects that had been stalled by the winter. After a record high temp month of Feb in the 80's, we have 70's the rest of the week.

We are planning to see Danny and Susie again soon since Venice is not far off. Life is very good.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve whats up, how is life in Florida going, any gators under your coach!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve, got your message. See if they have a site for 23rd and 24th for a 28'. We'll come over kick back for a couple days.

79 Barth Classic

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I will check Monday Danny. It will be good to see you again

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The folks next door to us just left this morning. It looks like that site (115) may be open for the 23rd and 24th. Give them a call, 863 494 4578, and talk to Lorri the manager. Hope to see you soon. (There are other sites available as well.) Thumbs Up

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Danny, a 5th wheel pulled into site 115 this morning. Not sure how long they are staying but there are plenty of other sites for next weekend.

We have been busy with projects. I replaced the corroded leaky valve and fixtures in the shower. Liz is hanging wallpaper, mostly done.

I removed the leaking gas valve from the water heater, disassembled and cleaned the shut off valve seats, reinstalled and all is well, no more propane smell.

I installed ceramic tile backsplash in the bathroom and the kitchen. The kitchen will get new bronze finish faucet and miniblind for the window soon. I replaced the rv style rocker switches with normal switches and wooden cover plate. New plug and plate in kitchen as well. New wallpaper left of sink soon also.

Life is good.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nice looking work! Suzie and I will be making the long [35 minute] trip over on Friday. We'll find out our site # this afternoon. Coconut shrimp for Saturday's dinner!

79 Barth Classic

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Danny and Susie made it to Oak Haven for the weekend. Always good to see them!

They got a site a few over from me. If you look past their coach to the left you will see my VW and 98Barth.

Another great sunny weekend with my Barth friends! Life is good.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp