Forums    General Discussions    Enhancing your posting with UBB code and other tips! Inquiring minds like to know, how did you do that?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Enhancing your posting with UBB code and other tips! Inquiring minds like to know, how did you do that?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/18
Picture of Kevin
posted
On this page members can find how to add coding to posts. Go ahead and try it if you like. The codes are listed under UBB code. Other tools can be found on this page too.

Posts: 3082 | Location: Northeast , Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
"Enhancing your posting..." "with UBB?" Sounds like a spam post for some diet supplement. I wonder if I should flag this. hmm

OTOH maybe I'll try a free bottle. ROTFLMAO

8607-3346-33TFPOB-----9708-M0037-37MM-01
86 Regal SE 33 Tag axle--"98" Monarch 37
Chev P3(7) 454TBI--------Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
400 hp fuel injected-------Cummins 8.3 300 hp

Posts: 3439 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Posts: 3082 | Location: Northeast , Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
I was going to edit my topic line, but that would ruin the character here.
Although I am trying to enlighten our members with easier site navigation. Many member do not know of
this page.
Click on any topic then click on the sub-topic or folder. Learn a little and have fun.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I'm OK so far I guess, but if you start talking about "system extensions," etc I'm pulling the plug. confusion

Actually I did not know about that page, I'll have something else to play with when I get bored. Wink ROTFLMAO

8607-3346-33TFPOB-----9708-M0037-37MM-01
86 Regal SE 33 Tag axle--"98" Monarch 37
Chev P3(7) 454TBI--------Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
400 hp fuel injected-------Cummins 8.3 300 hp

Posts: 3439 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
If you don't have BARTH on your desktop or home page you are not a true Barth Junkie. I keep mine in the upper left corner of my desktop.

Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
quote:
something else to play with

It is time for a new trick.
So you do not want to quote Steve VW's lengthy post entirely. If you are familiar how to highlight text with your mouse try this. Highlight some text. Then click the reply button. The text you highlighted will appear in the white dialog posting box with the quotes. The quote makes your post easier to understand since the previous post is in your new posting as a reference.

quote:
something else to play with

Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
In the white dialog box for posting you can find more cool stuff.
On the bottom left you can add your signature to your post (if you have been authorized a signature.) Just put a check in the signature box.
Signatures may contain a variety of information. Mostly your coach serial number, and or Data Tag information. This is especially good to know if you are referring to a problem with your Barth. Click the signature box, if you are asking a question about The Barth in your signature.
I do not include my signature for my postings, but I will here for example.
Please also note you can turn off signatures for every post in your profile settings. This is especially handy for slow data connections, and when you do not need to know signatures for members you already are familiar with.

Hoping to get around
DataTag:8911-0136-38RDG C5 RDG-C5
Barth Show Coach

Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
On this page there are photos. The photos have the correct orientation on my Windows 10 desktop computer. The photos are not orientated correctly on my iPad. It there a trick I have missed? How do the photos appear for other members?

Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
More UBB code tips.
Suppose you want to reply to a message with an quote and name credit to the original poster. Then you use the Quote marks in the lower right and corner of the post you want to quote. The quote box will open the white posting dialog box with the name and the quote for your new comment.
Suppose you want to quote a few lines from a post but there are pictures or other information you are not interested in quoting. For this procedure LEFT click and HOLD and DRAG over the words you want to copy. The words or letters will highlight. RELEASE at the last letter of the word. Open the "Reply To This Topic" The quote should be in your reply, dialog box without the posters name. (Some computers may require a right click on the highlighted text and left click copy from the right click drop down dialog box, before clicking the "Reply To This Topic" button.