Forums    General Discussions    OEM for MCC (I know Barth has been gone for many years!)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

OEM for MCC (I know Barth has been gone for many years!)
 Login now/Join our community

posted
So I've seen quite a bit of discussion about how MCC chassis parts are hard to find. What parts are difficult and why? It seems to me that Barth wouldn't have manufactured their own brake parts or axles/gears. They would have used something more or less off the shelf (Bendix for example). Is there no way to cross reference part numbers to see where else those parts were used and then order as that vehicle? I ask because I'm considering buying a 1984 Barth Regency and am hoping it's not impossible to maintain. I owned an Itasca Phasar (Winnebago LeSharo twin) for several years and everyone said parts were not available as it was based on a Renault Trafic van but jeep used Renault engines during those years so nearly everything could be ordered at AutoZone as a same year jeep. Let me know if anybody has any similar cross referencing information for MCCs!

Posts: 1 | Location: NY | Member Since: 04-19-2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Suspension parts have been hard to find in the past. You are correct, MCC did not make them but they are very hard to locate and have been out of production for so long.

Also the GM 8.2 diesel has been prone to many problems. Numerous cases of overheating and heads warping. Also hard to find parts and service. As much as I like Barth coaches, I would be very leery of those with the MCC/GM chassis.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5156 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post