Forums    General Discussions    Plastic Bumper End Caps. Possible Production Run.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Plastic Bumper End Caps. Possible Production Run.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
The new ABS bumper ends are in! The production run ended up being 43 units and the price is as follows: $37.50 each plus Post Office Flat Rate Box of $10.35 for a total of $47.85 each. I will send a PM to each person who ordered some and give the address for your personal check. They will be packed and mailed as paym3nt arrives. Any extra will be posted here in case someone was left out.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of Curtis H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:

One of the ways I stay on the wagon is not having nifty old-fashioned glasses.

Glasses I can hold up and admire how the light passes through the patterned base. Glasses with neat pictures on them.

I'd be in for a set of these glasses if someone was selling them.

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli

Posts: 99 | Location: Rochester, MI | Member Since: 10-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Still trying to get a price to have some new ones made. Will keep everyone posted.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Nick
We have a pair of these glasses with the BLUE Barths on them as in the top pic above. They are 5" tall and a bit more practical than the little ones. We use them for a mixed drink to celebrate setting up camp for the nite and especially to celebrate our arrival at the winter roost in Arizona.
Naturally, we would like to get more, and a set of pilser glasses if it can be worked out!
We love our Barth!
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello All: I have sent PM's to each person who responded with an order for these new bumper ends, guards or whatever you want to call them. We received more orders after I started the production so we are likely to be short a few pieces. I also discovered these are used in Bluebirds! I will send them out in the order I receive the personal checks (I only accept personal checks from our members, and can't use credit cards), but the good news is we have preserved one as a master so we can make a new mold if there is a need. To keep the price lower we used a sacrificial mold and got 40 pieces before it began to warp under the heat. We had trickle in orders for about 48 units. If I get an additional order for 40 more the price will remain $37.50 each, plus mailing. I am willing to make them for SOB's if they are applicable to get our members who will not be receiving them this time. Once we get the check they go out, when they are gone there will be a wait until enough interest justifies a new production. More to follow!

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cont'd: The Bumper ends are molded without the profile cutouts that are shown in the pictures, You will have to whittle out the semicircles to match the face of the bumper so the outside will lie flat against the curved flutes on the bumper. This is where you apply the Sikaflex Adhesive as press hard to secure the end to the bumper. Don't forget the slot in the front ones so when the generator is opened the bumper end will slide over the stainless plate between the body and bumper. See the pictures! More following:

posted Hide Post
It should be apparent that since the profile is not cut out that these will work on any bumper that is 10 inches tall, including Breakaways, Regencies and perhaps others. If yours did not come with tall bumpers they probably won't fit. Look at the pictures and make our own decisions. We can make more but there is a minimum number to justify the tooling and labor.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
posted Hide Post
Just as a matter of interest, while cleaning out files I found an invoice from Barth for one plastic bumper end cap, dated March 1, 1994. Price? $9.00 plus $3.10 shipping.

Bill B
Barth Owner Emeritus

Bill Beard
Barth Owner Emeritus (three times)
1978 24' 454 Chevy
1988 Regal 28' 454 Chevy
1989 Regal 25' 454 Chevy

Posts: 25 | Location: Evansville, IN | Member Since: 11-15-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a note to say all the bumper ends have been sold and shipped! Thanks to all who ordered and paid for them. If and when we need any more our supplier is ready to make them. Price will depend on the number ordered. We now have a mold and a source.
Thanks to all,

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
PM'd Tom about another run of end caps. Any one else interested in getting some. The more produced the less cost per unit. If interested let me us know.

Thanks

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Are these still available?

quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
I am looking for anyone who wants to order these end caps for their bumpers.

I am only going to order enough for one run. I can't afford to over order and have these sitting on the shelf.

Price is dependent on quantity so the more I order, the better the price.

Also looking for a better picture to post if someone has one. So, if you have a better image, please post it.

So, who wants these and how many should I order?

I need to give a quantity by Monday, August 23rd

Bill: I have the prototype shop working on producing these parts. They would be universal and you have to carve the slots in the plastic to mate to the face of the bumper. The cost will depend on the number to be made. They will be vacuum formed ABS, black and have the same pebble grain as original. Could you pick out a picture of a coach showing the bumper and then if I can get some idea of the quantity I can get a price and then we can decide how to market them. A general post might be enough.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Hey Richard, according to Tom he said.
quote:
Originally posted by Tom and Julie:
Just a note to say all the bumper ends have been sold and shipped!
Unless someone has an extra, or you can find enough people willing to reorder, then the next available spot would be from a parted out unit.

Low quantity ordering isn't cheap. The lower the production run the more expensive an item.

What's it worth to you? That doesn't mean it worth the same for the next person thus lowering a potential production run that'll drive up the cost further.

Anyone else have a desire to have a run done? Have you checked with Tom and Julie? I'm not involved with niche items and I have no desire to police another member with their willingness to help out and have something like this made up.

The last time I received a PM suggesting that we're a bunch of greedy individuals and I'm the leader that was allowing said profiteering at the expense of the little guy. I laughed at the notion but he was serious.

Thank you Tom for doing this the last time around. Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did keep all the information from the last order and I can inquire about another run if we have enough interest. Keep in mind these will fit any 10" bumper with a curved end. They could also fit a straight 10" bumper if you just trim them differently. Early buses had ends on their straight ends and they glue the same way.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
No worries. I can make one out of fiberglass if it is that much trouble.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
Just wondering if there is enough intrest in making a new order of these ? I certainly would be intrested.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post