Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Just saying hello
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi, I came across this place while trying to figure out what kind of rv I want to buy.
I was thinking MCI bus because of the cargo bays underneath and they look safe, then I saw a Barth with the bays and then found this place!
I never knew these nice machines existed before today!
Anyway ...hi

Posts: 4 | Location: Hays Kansas | Member Since: 03-14-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Hi, Chasbeen, glad you came across our site. You will see after you have read some of our posts that we are very proud of our coaches and trailers.

What type of coach are you looking for, how long, diesel or gas and any other qualifications that are important to you. I have two coaches and they are both gas burners. After owning a Barth I would not consider another brand.

Good luck on finding the coach of your dreams and if we can help just ask.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mary, My wife and I have never had any type of camper but we have decided we want a motorhome, 35 to 40 ft long, I wold like something that has enough power to run at decent highway speed, 65 to 70 but not necessarily driven that fast, I think a diesel would be nice so a jake brake could be used for going over the montains if I do that some day.
Originaly we saw a MCI bus that was very pretty and had the basement storage compartments, then we spied a wanderlodge, and now these Barth motorhomes with the storage below, I did see one picture with a tag axle that looked nice.
I like the look of the 80's Barth RV's
A gasoline engine would not be bad either, I am a lot better gas mechanic than diesel
I do not really know and the more I learn the more I realize there are more choices!

Posts: 4 | Location: Hays Kansas | Member Since: 03-14-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums! You're right, gravitating towards a Barth offers a wide array of choices.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
A Wanderlodge is EXCELLENT. A forum member has a superb one. They are HEAVY because they are all steel. In fact, most of the bus-based motor coaches are infinitely better than a stick n staple run of the mill RV. Gillig, Spartan, MCI, Prevost chassis are very durable. HOWEVER, when you need work done, it can be very expensive. Most such true motor coaches have basement storage. Many contemporary motorhomes have MUCH larger storage bays than all but the largest Barths.
At any given time, there are usually a few Barths for sale across the country. But, 35-40' are quite rare. Spend a few hours searching and reading previous posts here so you can begin to understand important aspects of a Barth -- the good and (few) bad.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post