Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Howdy from Louisiana
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted
We recently sold our 94 Blue Bird BMC and are leaning towards a Barth. We loved our coach , but decided it was just too big for some of the places we want to go . It was a 38ft widebody with the 8.3 Cummins. A wonderful coach and we traveled in it for five years putting around 35,000 miles on it . Selling it was a hard decision . We had planned on getting a small bumper pull to tow behind the Jeep , but we've decided that's just not going to work for us. We are members of the Wonderlodge Owner's Group forum and have met many great friends and will continue to stay active with them .
I am Harold, a Firefighter/Emt with 30 years of service on a small paid department outside Shreveport , Louisiana. Planning to retire within three years.
Cat is my wife and is now a stay at home mom to Sam.
Sam runs everything , she is our 10 year old miniature schnauzer .

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
Welcome Harold,Cat&Sam.

Hope you find What you are looking for. Information on Barth coaches abounds here.

Good luck with your transition. I believe you will find much help here with Barth questions.

Welcome aboard.

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
Sam looks relaxed!

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Welcome over here, we done the opposite, from a small 25 foot Barth with a 454 Chevy, we are now the owners of the Baby Bird (34' with a 8.3Cummins). We read some of your posts on the WOG and know a few of the members, never went to one of their rallies yet. We stayed with the Barth group because they are good friends and helpful.

Love the mini Schnauzers, we enjoyed our 2, sadly they passed a while ago (one age 10, the other 16).
WELCOME bienvenue

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Small world . The Baby Bird is very nice . We looked at all of the pictures of it , really cool Bird Smiler
We are thinking a 30 foot Breakaway might fit us nicely. After selling our Bird in February , we are taking this year off from traveling . Next year we plan to get on the road again and make a couple of WOG rallies along the way.

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you lost your Schnauzers , i know you miss them .

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
and are leaning towards a Barth.

Welcome to the world of Barth. There are a few Barth coaches for sale if you CLICK HERE. You can browse them all right from home. Good luck finding your new to you Barth

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I talk to text and tried saying with my Cajun accent let the good times roll in French didn’t come out anything that I’d want to repeat. I know I’m in Minnesota but I’m half Cajun down around Lafayette all my moms side of the family is there welcome welcome welcome welcome

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good evening.
Is there a Barth owner near Shreveport Louisiana that would be willing to give us a tour of their coach ?
We would love to see one sometime.
Thanks , Harold

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
We are working on a 22’ Euro restoration in Baytown, about 3-1/2 hours south of you. It will take another two months to complete but you are welcome to come down.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the offer. If we make any trips down that way , we'll look you up.

Most of our travels put us in Arkansas Smiler

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
BillyT has the closest to you that I know of. He is just north of Lafayette.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Carl and Betsy Feren are in Livingston TX. But we have not heard from them in several years. Wonderful people, working a lot for the local ASPCA. First Barth owners we met, actually on the road in Hawthorne Nevada.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post