Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

old barth motorhome
 Login now/Join our community

posted
hello barth owners,i've uploaded some pictures of a 1969 barth motorhome i spotted in indiana back in june.i bought it last week,it 2 hours to jack it up,(with brother in laws help)we tow-barred it 70miles back to ohio,i havent seen any pictures on here of any that exactly resemble this one,(though some are close)thinking this maybe the oldest posted with pictures,on here.i will be tinkering with it,and getting it cleaned/fixed up,more pictures to come, thanks for looking.

Posts: 73 | Location: mosquito valley ohio(west central ohio) | Member Since: 12-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greg:
hello barth owners,i've uploaded some pictures of a 1969 barth motorhome i spotted in indiana back in june.
I am assuming that these are them???

And what is this???

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:

And what is this???

Dashboard?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
It looks like the steering colum/dashboard area, maybe taken from outside the drivers side window?
And it looks like a mess!!! GL with your new project Greg and keep the pics coming as you bring it back to life!!

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yea i had taken these pics back in june,finally got to drag it to house,last week.i,ve had my eye on this this one for while.

Posts: 73 | Location: mosquito valley ohio(west central ohio) | Member Since: 12-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here you go Greg... Here is a Barth that was built in October of 1969 and was then transported 40 years into the future.

Ain't time travel great? Big Grin

Interesting... So far, yours is the only one I've seen with the headlights mounted like this and the access above the radiator only large enough to access some vital items.

I would suspect that this was probably one of "The Firsts" to roll out of the factory on it's own power. Thumbs Up

Please try to find a tag or locate a number that looks like this. 698747 or like this E11-518-22

I can't wait to see some more pics!!!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello bill n.y, yes both barths almost identical, the grill in mine reminds me of the old bakery/bread trucks of about that same year,i did a few things to it today,it failed to start,then realized starter not right one for the engine.i ran the number on the engine,80 to 85 model engine,dont know where original went,probably recycled and turned into brake rotors by now.i,m still looking for more identification tags,there isnt one on left side/front,or any indication of one ever being there.i will try and get more pictures.the vin tag is inside the left access door on front.also the transmission does'nt have park feature on column,it has manual handle left of drivers seat,curious as to if the 70/71/72/73 etc. models are like this one?