Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG Dec.7
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll bring some homemade French onion soup and some beer bread - I could also do frizzled green beans...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
So, Saturday night seems to be the potlatch night, and here's what's shaken out:

Shrimp on the Barbie (DannyZ)
Pork Tenderloins (Deb&Eds35)
French Onion Soup, beer bread, frizzled green beans [steamed, then sauteed in garlic butter] (Rusty)

We probably be needin' more veggies - I can add homemade potato salad; anyone else tending towards vegetables?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Startin' to sound like a meal! Suzy will make a vegy dish, I'll let you know what when she decides. She doesn't eat much meat, but she whips up some fine vegies. We have a couple coming up in their HI-LO, and they always contribute large to the menu, so I'll also let you know about that. Thanks for the help Rusty, this is my first time doing anything like this, so everything is appreciated.
I think I mentioned it before, but this is a very bicycle friendly park, so bring em if you got em.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'll pass on the potato salad, awaiting the menu from your friends in the - dare I say it - SOB?

DannyZ, I assume you'll pick up the shrimp, or do I need to?

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Jim and Patty [SOBers] will bring homemade seafood gumbo, and Suzy will bring tater salad or something along that line. I'll bring the shrimp and bacon. So Saturday night and Sunday morning are community meals, and we're serving the Sunday morning food, biscuits and sausage gravy. Bloody Marys or Orange juice and Champagne go good with breakfast, and that should take care of the main meals. Any more input is welcome. Can I assume everyone has their own dishes and silverware?
Also, one advantage to having SOBers is they have the truck for any Winn Dixie trips.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm back to basics; I'll bring the onion soup, beer bread, and green beans to frizzle (so far the local crop is pretty pathetic...) Maybe some dill dip.

With Jim and Patty contributing so much, perhaps we should hold our mockery of their unfortunate RV choice to a minimum...Big Grin

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We camp with Jim and Patty a lot, and the debate, if ever there is one, is Motor homes vs. tow behinds, and there is just no winning this one. We love our Barths, and they love their tow behinds, and we just go and have a good time together.
I'll check the local markets for green beans in the week leading up to it, and Suzy is really looking forward to frizzling. We're all looking forward to stargazing, even rising in the wee hours if there is something to see.

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, for stargazing, the 11" is packed (actually, I never unloaded it from the Chiefland vist two weeks ago). Much will depend on the weather and the horizon. Sadly, Comet 17P/Holmes has diminished recently (and there are reports it has split, probably due to a collision with a small asteroid), but there are several spectacular objects up in December (and many less so).

We'll just take a peek at what we can...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
As of now I'm showing sites 12 and 18 available for the weekend of Dec. 7. 12 is a 25', 18 is a 35', and they're a short walk from where we are. Any last minute planners?

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nearly-Final-What-I'm-Gonna-Bring post:

-French onion soup
-Garlic beer bread
-Clarified butter and garlic for frizzling the green beans brought by Danny (these need to be cooked by steaming/boiling first)
-Dill dip

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Nearly-Final-What-I'm-Gonna-Bring post:

-French onion soup
-Garlic beer bread
-Clarified butter and garlic

Rusty, youda made it past my wife's first interview, fer sure.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well I hope the second interview isn't too rigorous. Big Grin Hopefully, it's not as tough as my Staff Competency Exam...

I'm planning to arrive at the park around 2-3:00 PM.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
OK I've got the fresh green beans for the frizzle. I got just under 2 lbs., looks like a lot, got the shrimp and bacon, Suzy's makin' her world famous tater salad tonight, sausage gravy and biskits for Sunday AM, Jim and Patty are bringing seafood chowder or gumbo or something, I know it will be good. I'll probably get there about 1, but I'll have to leave at 3:45 to pick up Suzy. Will be back a little after 6. The coach will be in 33, and Jim and Patty will be in 38 in their HiLo. I have Rusty in 34 and Deb & Ed in 36. The weather looks perfect and we're really looking forward to a great weekend.
Oh yeah, we have the steamer for the beans. If there's anything up in the air it would be Mimosas or Bloody Marys, and if I don't hear from anybody I'll grab the fixins.

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I can do vodka martinis or Gibsons and sidecars. There's also a lonely bottle of Maker's Mark in the coach (for emergency medicinal purposes).

Bread, soup and dip are made and in StaRV II. Lookin' forward to the meet!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Sidecar..........now there's a blast from the past.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post