Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG Dec.7
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
See you all this afternoon. Be pulling in around 3:00 and it should be 5 oclock somewhere.

Deb & ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ironsides on 11-04 @ 09:00 PM:
Ironsides and Lady Di will be comming to Florida but without the Barth.
Just got this Email yesterday. I have reset his password and am now posting this here.
quote:
Hey Bill,
Ironsides (Mike Foster) here. I tried to log on and can not. I need my registration number I think which I cannot access for now.
Just an update for those attending the Florida get-togethar.
I was called home due to a Family emergency. I am still attending to that issue and will be till resolution.
Long story short I will most likely lose My big Brother. Could sure use some prayers from anyone so inclined.

Thanks,
Mike aka Ironsides
I am re-posting this because of the last line in his Email. I believe that he was trying to post something like this and had trouble signing on.

Good luck Mike.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike (Ironsides)

Sorry to see your brother is not doing well, you are all in our prayers.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
First of all to Mike and his family, our prayers are with you and we're sorry you couldn't make it down. Hopefully next year, as we started talking about it already today.
The GTG went pretty good, not a huge turnout but we had a good time, and nobody went hungry. Rusty got a little out of hand and us sober campers had to keep him in line Big Grin but we did all right. Hope everyone else had as much fun as Suzie and I, and look for pix from all of us in the near future.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It was indeed a great time, and Dan and Suzie's friends Jim and Patty were welcome additions. In an exercise of supreme self-restraint, I did not take a photo of a certain attendee in a certain situation... Roll Eyes

It was an unusal mix of Barths - a Euro, an MCC Regency, and a Breakaway.

Mike, we wish you the best.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Deb and I had a great time. It was nice to put a face to a person after reading the topics on the web site all these years.

Danny picked a great spot for the GTG and the park and weather were great.

Deb said she met her match in Suzie and it appeared they both paid for it most of Saturday.

The food was great and lots of it and for those who collect aluminun cans Christmas will be good.

The best part for Deb and I was when you can take 7 strangers and make 7 friends. ( The word BARTH must have had something to do with that.)

LETS DO IT AGAIN.

Added bonus! TUG 1 ran like a bear there and back.

Deb and ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Mug shots of the Barths attending; first, in order of seniority, Danny and Suzie's 28' Euro. Yes, that is a snowman and yes, a poinsettia, in the enclosure.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Debbie and Ed's massive 35' Regency, as background for Ed, Deb, and Danny about 80% along in solving the world's problems.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
And the junior member of the pack, my 28' Breakaway, in one of its few poses not surrounded my astro-gear....

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The food was great Saturday night, when we had the potlatch. Surprisingly, everyone there was an excellent chef, men and women alike. Here Ed concocts something (I think he was finishing the stuffed peppers).

Here's what you missed by not coming (and everything was, BTW, homemade):

Dill Dip (Rusty)
Stuffed Jalapenos (Deb & Ed)
French Onion Soup (Rusty)
Garlic Beer Bread (Rusty)
Seafood Chowder (Jim & Patty)
Bacon-wrapped Shrimp on the Barbee (Danny)
Pork Loin Mojo (Deb & Ed)
Potato Salad (Suzie - IIRC)
Frizzled Green Beans (Suzie & Rusty)

Sunday morning, we re-pigged, this time on Danny and Suzie's terrific biscuits and homemade- sausage gravy.

Good food, ample beverages, and great, interesting, company. Couldn't have asked for more...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Here's what you missed by not coming (and everything was, BTW, homemade):

Dill Dip (Rusty)
Stuffed Jalapenos (Deb & Ed)
French Onion Soup (Rusty)
Garlic Beer Bread (Rusty)
Seafood Chowder (Jim & Patty)
Bacon-wrapped Shrimp on the Barbee (Danny)
Pork Loin Mojo (Deb & Ed)
Potato Salad (Suzie - IIRC)
Frizzled Green Beans (Suzie & Rusty)

Sunday morning, we re-pigged, this time on Danny and Suzie's terrific biscuits and homemade- sausage gravy.

Sounds delicious. I'd love to see some recipes posted for the good stuff listed. At least the ones that are not self-explanatory.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
It sounds like everyone had a blast. I am glad you posted those pictures.

Maybe you could make a community photo album of your GTG and have other members in attendance add to it too.

Great job everyone. Now break out the racy stuff. And I'm not talking NASCAR Danny. Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm still having trouble with Photo bucket. They say it's uploading but the pic isn't there. I did get them do upload this one from our canoe trip Saturday. Ed, Deb, and Rusty were staying on terra firma, but Suzy and I along with Jim and Patty went nature hunting, and found plenty. This pic was taken by Suzy from the canoe.

and one more;

Jim [with Bubba, the 21 pound chihuaha], Patty, Ed, Deb, Rusty, me, and Suzy.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just tryin' to see if you can read Ed & Debs sign on the side. "Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt".

Let's see if this is clearer.

79 Barth Classic