Florida GTG Dec.7
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
1 - Large...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It'll be 12/7-9/07, an informal get-together. Reservations for the campground are a must this time of year; electric and water hookups are included; no sewer, but a dump station is nearby. I don't know if there will be a potluck anything, but I'm bringing all the supplies my dogs and I will need.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I guess I'd be the "host'. As Rusty says, it's an informal chance for Barth folks to get together in Florida. [Tampa area]. We haven't gotten into the food aspect yet, but I plan on bringing something for all of us for breakfast one morning, and a bunch of other kinds of food. If you go back to the beginning of this thread you'll learn a lot more and find the link to make reservations. I've got friends comming in thier HiLo, and it's in a State Park, so it won't be an exclusive area just for us but we'll all be in the same area. If you still have any questions after reading the thread, ask away. Hope to see you and some other folks there.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDW:I take it there will be no shore line hook up so we will be using are gen and water tanks for the three days we are there
Seth, there is all of that.
quote:
Originally posted by SDW:I have found no link via website or e-mail to reserve a spot...
Just click this link. Last check showed 29, 30, maybe 31, 39, and 40 as available.
quote:
Originally posted by SDW:
I will also bring some food and a grill and bbq and would be more then glad to pitch in or allow you to use my equipment to help or and offer to help do some cooking

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

- Was that fast enough for you? - Bill N.Y. Wink

ON EDIT: I'm sorry Bill NY. I don't know how in the heck i put this here. Can you move it? PRETTY PLEASE?

Ironsides and Lady Di will be comming to Florida but without the Barth.
Our hope is to meet up with you all and maybe bring some pictures. I'll keep monitoring the site to see when the best time seems to be to come over from Lake Wales.
We hope to arrive there around the 14th of Nov. and we'll have the puter, air card and cells with us.
Looking forward to meeting you all even without Big Bertha. Big Grin

mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, if the weather is clear, and I can find a spot through the trees, I'll be setting up my 11" scope for some stargazing. So nighttime is good - if the park allows entrance in the dark. If not, I'm sure one can leave after dark having arrived in daylight.

I don't know if any of us will have Internet connections (I can only do wi-fi) for updates for you...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny:

(1) EX-Large

(1) Large

ED & DEB

See ya all there.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Rusty is bringing a scope but everyone should have their binocs available. Not the same pow but it is amazing what you can see if you look and Rusty can help you point in the right area.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
There are at least 2 open areas within walking distance, the closest being about next door. If there aren't fire circles going we should be able to find a great viewing spot.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccctimtation:
Rusty is bringing a scope but everyone should have their binocs available. Not the same pow but it is amazing what you can see if you look and Rusty can help you point in the right area.

I'll also have my green laser pointer - just follow the beam...Comet 17P/Holmes continues to be spectacular - I haven't done the math, but its coma is - a guess - 3X the size of Jupiter - which also makes it 1/4 the diameter of the Sun. Big fuzzy dude...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
So, do we want to try a potluck dinner one of the nights? If so, we should collect menu items. I can bring French onion soup, beer bread, dill dip, or fresh shrimp or clams we could cook onsite...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Glad someone's thinking ahead. We'll be serving our world famous biscuits and sausage gravy Sunday morning.
I also planned to make bacon wrapped shrimp on the barby probably Saturday night. We prefer the turkey bacon but I'll have some real good home smoked regular too. I think Saturday night would be the best for a potluck community meal. Any preferences or suggestions for Friday night and Saturday morning are welcome, or if you want to take care of yourselves, don't feel obligated to anything. Above all, relax and enjoy the weekend.

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I generally don't do mornings very well (one of the side-effects of being a star-gazer - them suckers are out late at night, and so am I).

But I can bring fresh shrimp, oysters, and/or clams, if needed. As for bacon, I prefer "turkey" bacon only if made from a hog that ate a turkey...Big Grin

One of the main benefits I can offer has nothing to do with meal time; one of my Goldens, Casey, does an absolutely-free-no-obligation screening for persons lacking sufficient dog-spit - and he corrects, at no charge, that deficiency.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Dervin,

More details can be found at the top of this thread. The most important issue is reservations, as in Florida at this time of year, they go fast in RV parks.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Deb and I will add Pork Tenderloins for Saturday night.

ED.

Hope you all like Margaritas

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post