Tools
Reply To This Topic

Happy 4th of July
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
During the American Revolution, the legal separation of the American colonies from Great Britain occurred on July 2, 1776, when the Second Continental Congress voted to approve a resolution of independence that had been proposed in June by Richard Henry Lee of Virginia. After voting for independence, Congress turned its attention to the Declaration of Independence, a statement explaining this decision, which had been prepared by a Committee of Five, with Thomas Jefferson as its principal author. Congress debated and revised the Declaration, finally approving it on July 4.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
And here we are, 233 years later, still independent, still united, still the home of the free and the brave. Many have tried, but none have ever been able to take that away from us. Pray that they never will.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Aaaaaand, a happy Independence Day to all the Barthers out there. By reading all the "security postings" it is obvious that we have a lot of people on this forum who do things to ensure that we remain the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Say a prayer for our country this weekend, enjoy a hot dog, and then say another prayer for all the men and women who are deployed and helping others to attain the same things that sometimes we take for granted. Anyone who has ever worn a uniform knows that NOTHING is a given.

Have a FUN and SAFE weekend everyone. Smiler

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, I played some patriotic songs & hymns at a nursing home. (This is my way of trying to say thank you, & part of my ministry). Frankly, I always get more out of it than they do, and it is a way to connect w/ my WWII Vet father, who went to heaven long ago. It is remarkable to me how many still ask to be dressed in their uni's on patriotic days, and moreso, how some still try to stand in their wheelchairs when I start to sing "America"; some are even now in dementia yet the music moves them to stand. It is all I can do to finish the songs when I think of their courage and selflessness, & example. Thanks to all of you who have made the sacrifices that help preserve our freedom!

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Jerry. What a beautiful way to serve others.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Today we played a softball game with the village employees agianst the pastors of 15 of our local houses of worship. They won 15 to 13 in double overtime. What a way to spend a fourth of july. Smiler Happy 4th of July to all the Barthers!

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Stringmann,

I hope we meet someday.

Barb and I go to the Vet Hospital (Ft. Custer) in Battle Creek once per month. I play the keyboard; Barb does a Skittles game. She spins the top but keeps track of each Vet and his or her score. Prizes are awarded to everyone.

Hopefully we shall someday take our "show" on the road so we can do a lot more of it. In the meantime let me simply echo the others in this thread that WE ARE, AND WILL FOREVER REMAIN, grateful to those who have in the past or are currently serving our Country.

God Bless you all.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
Hey Lou & Barb: lets do it. One of our 6 children is doing her phd up there in ann arbor! Will you agree w/ me that we get more out of doin this stuff for vets than they do?

I hope you'll allow me this anecdote: I was playing jazz at the GA War Vets hospital in augusta. They had 75 vets in wheelchairs there for me and I had prepped all the songs of the 40's and thought I was really cool. A smiling woman rolled up to me and asked, "don't you know any beatles songs?" God Bless her.

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Stringmann, next time you are working in the Augusta area, let me know and I will be glad to help tote equipment or whatever. I belong to the local Good Sam's Club and we are very active with the Veterans and Wounded Warrior Programs. And thanks for your work with these organizations.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post