Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

NEW to the whole Barth game ''Needs Advice''
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of bigbartha
posted

Posts: 4 | Location: Colorado | Member Since: 03-26-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Looks like a decent price for a blank slate project. As for running gear, be sure to check brakes and brake lines. Could be a nice rig.

Be aware the early style smaller windshields are not available.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5173 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigbartha
posted Hide Post
i am mechanical with cars and trucks and i have the money to finish the inside. also the bathroom is torn out. how much do you think that would cost to do a full restore?

Posts: 4 | Location: Colorado | Member Since: 03-26-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
This seems like sort of a duplicate thread regarding the project Barth in CO.
Full re$tore? maybe $4K after purchase as is, based on free labor. ever heard of Murphy's law?
*edited* Did you mean cost of just bathroom? just several hundred there.

By contrast, the newly re-listed diesel in AZ should need very little in order to travel and enjoy. Of course, you'd pay more per gallon, but ought to get more miles per gallon.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigbartha
posted Hide Post
It seems like some of you dont think its a wise investment. lemme tell you my situation.. i live at a friends house and am about to get kicked out and instead of moving in to a place and speding 600 a month i could buy this and actually own something. and i have the money to make it live able. i was also wondering what resale value it would have if i remodeled the inside

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Young man, it is NOT an INVESTMENT!
sounds like you need something fit to live in sooner than this one will be.
If you get this, it will own YOU. Do not expect to recoup what you have to put into it. After spending beaucoup $$$ and hours bring it up to snuff, you might have something worth up to $5K IMHO

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
But then again if you are going to live in it for some time you could be way ahead moneywise in the long run.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
BigBartha: Have you considered the cost to park your Barth? The electric, water, HEAT, sewerage. Storage for ALL your personal things, etc. As stated above, this is not an investment unless you want to live in an unfinished closet. That being said, I wish you well in your move.................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigbartha
posted Hide Post
im not actually getting kicked out like today...so i would have a month to make it live able. and i think i could find some where to park it without paying a RV park

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
To make this or any other motor home work, you need three things:
1. A source of electricity
2. A source of fresh drinkable water
3. A way of disposing of your waste water.
The electricity could theoretically come from your generator if there is one, but then you would have to constantly make sure the fuel source for the generator is renewed. So you really need a 30Amp shore power outlet. And you need to be able to hook up to a reliable source of water. And you'll need heat, probably from a propane furnace in the motor home. All of these systems need to work. My suggestion is to find a room to rent somewhere while you work on the Barth. Then if you find things go south, you will still have a place to live.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post