Barthmobile Portal
Bbq size?

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/6473983097

08-23-2017, 09:58 PM
Sandytoes
Bbq size?
I have been looking in local stores and on-line for a compact bbq that can fit into a Regal storage compartment. Does anyone have a suggestion? We currently use one that is too large and we place in the washroom/hallway when travelling, but we don't want the smell inside. What do the rest of you use? I do have a smaller one but it will have to go on the roof and I will have to hook up to coach tank, which is no big deal. For two of us, the bbq doesn't have to be large.

1991 Regal 28' 454 Banks Power Pak
08-24-2017, 01:44 AM
Rusty
I have a small Coleman I found when Nick Cagle dragged me to Target for things he was looking for. While basically a bowl, it has several endearing features. The bowl can be filled with water, making cleanup a breeze. The legs detach, and the whole thing folded is about 18"x18"x8". It ain't a Weber, but it works for me.

Otherwise, the Weber 250 is a good choice.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
08-24-2017, 08:54 AM
Kevin
I figured I BetterBe Quick to anwer this because Sears was running close out on grills. I have a little Round charcoal grill that I keep in the toad when traveling.
Oh yeah Bbq also stands for Big Body Queen, and Size does not matter because she is already big... or we now have a "size" for a big body queen?
08-25-2017, 12:19 AM
Sandytoes
Thank you.

08-25-2017, 12:27 AM
ccctimtation
I've had a small Weber that worked well, it won't stay lit if the vents are closed very much. On the boat I have a Magma grill that works really well and doesn't take much space. Std mount is for a rail but they have a tripod adapter. It is stainless and is boat priced. Shown is propane but mine is briquettes, http://tinyurl.com/ssgrill
Tim
08-25-2017, 12:26 PM
Mogan David
Last year I bought a Cuisinart Petit Gourmet grill at a promo price from Sears dot com.
was so disappointed with what I received that I returned it, at a Sears store, almost immediately. never used it. JUNK

At a big box home improvement store, I saw a Char Broil "Grill 2 Go"
and was very impressed. So, I ordered it from Sears. At the time, they had an attractive discount program running. VERY NICE APPLIANCE

By the way, I made a folding stand from a tubular aluminum walker I bought at a Hospice support thrift store.
08-25-2017, 12:30 PM
Mogan David
quote:
Bbq also stands for Big Body Queen

But, I think "BBC" stands for something other than Big Black Cooker hmm
09-02-2017, 09:47 AM
Kevin
$15 at Wallmart

09-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Rusty
Very similar to the Coleman I have, except the Coleman's legs detach (no screws) and fit into the grill for travel.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
09-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Kevin
I tried my Expert Grill this evening. Rusty, the legs do fold up, for storage but remain attached to the grill. In review, I do not like the hinged lid. The hinged lid causes the center of gravity to be to high and could result in the grill tipping over, with hot coals and food everywhere. I will remove the hinge and just set the lid on slightly offset for covered grilling. I like to offset or tilt the lid for additional air. With the hinge it is either open or closed.
09-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Sandytoes
Thanks, off to WalMart I go. The last time I bbq'ed with coals has to be 30 years ago, it'll be a good way to slow down and enjoy.

09-03-2017, 12:19 PM
Kevin
quote:
Originally posted by Sandytoes:
Thanks, off to WalMart I go. The last time I bbq'ed with coals has to be 30 years ago, it'll be a good way to slow down and enjoy.
While you are there get one of these:

chimney towers.
When I was a kid dad used to grill a lot. He used enough lighter fluid to power my Barth just to light the charcoal. It spoiled my taste for grilling. My neighbor showed me the chimney tower. It lights charcoal to red hot faster and you do not have diesel flavored burgers. No lighter fluid is needed. Like you I was turned of by dad's diesel burgers. I had not used charcoal in 30 years either. Chimney towers are about 10 to 15 bucks most everywhere. You might even find chimney towers on close out. Back to the grill at Wallmart you can snag an already assembled one on top of the meat case. The unassembled grills are in the home and garden section with the charcoal.
Maybe Lou will chime in from Michigan. I had a similar grill in Allegan, Michigan when we surprised Mogan David for his Birthday. No one complained about my burgers. Burgers are ready in 6 minutes and only need turned over one time. Three minutes on each side. Keep the lid on. Less time if you want rare. More time if you want well done hockey pucks. Oh and only fill the tower 2/3 full for you "Expert Grill." Let us know if you like the Expert Grill as much as me.
09-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Mark H
I have used a Force 10 gas grill in the past and loved it. It's made out of SS and made for marine use so it's very robust! They are a little spendy though.
09-04-2017, 09:41 PM
Mogan David
quote:
Originally posted by Mark H:
I have used a Force 10 gas grill in the past and loved it. It's made out of SS and made for marine use so it's very robust! They are a little spendy though.

$190 doesn't seem too bad...
http://www.boatbandit.com/detail.aspx?ID=2568