Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

My Barth 1979 RV was stolen need help locating
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/18
posted
I will post pictures but I believe my Barth is still out there that was my Grandfathers previously. I was in the middle of remodeling the bus and the bus was stolen. Due to the fact of low funds I couldn't not get a good lawyer as I knew the party responsible but they claimed they destroyed it. It has been some time of this event but I believe I found a picture that looks like my RV being sold in Melbourne Florida. It was stolen in Sarasota Florida. The bus was a silver and blue with light blue stripe. Outside was mostly stock but the inside and motor were very custom. Cabinets were painted with a light sand paint, dash was removed and seats removed at time of theft. There was a custom blue couch installed with lots of custom tech inside. All of the inside items were custom including some European blue bowl sinks with custom faucet. The barth community is small and if you see this RV please contact me. The ceiling was also replaced white with wood trim. It had sliver knobs replaced everywhere. Please contact with any information on 1978-1979 barths that resemble this description. It also has a very custom engine with chrome and custom exhaust. It is a 454 Chevy. My grandfather helped me keep this item in the family please help return it. Jeremy Hoort flbeachbum93@aol.com, jeremyhoort@gmail.com, and 850-225-0600

Posts: 4 | Location: Florida | Member Since: 06-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
what did the police department say, the one you filed a report with?

mike W

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazingly the police questioned the person and he claimed he crushed the bus. I wanted him arrested but as in many cases he was able to legally manouver around that. I called the state prosecutor and they said it was a civil matter because it was at a repair shop. It sounds unbelievable but it’s how things work when you have more money you have more rights.

Posts: 4 | Location: Florida | Member Since: 06-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My grandmother found a bus that looked like mine, we always check as it is still stolen and our property. The bus was a 1986 and even nicer. My wife helped me purchase it to heal the would and my grandmother Hoort finding it let me know that my late Grandfather was looking out after us. I still want my 1978-1979 back and will post more information to keep this search alive.

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
do you have the VIN number from the stolen Barth?

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flbeachbum:
Amazingly the police questioned the person and he claimed he crushed the bus.

find out who 'crushed the bus'. maybe some ID on the suspect and bus was recorded.. Wonder why he fessed up to crushing rather than just saying he knew nothing about it? Can you crush a vehicle without having some sort of ownership doc's or at least the VIN being recorded..?

M/C-W

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I hate to be the bad guy, but was there a Mechanics Lean on the coach?

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
My hunch was a MECHANIC’S LIEN.
The whole thing doesn’t pass the smell test.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
thanks for the correct spelling on lien..I hate spell check ROTFLMAO

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post