Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Fun find
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
I thought that I'd pass on this Barth story. When I bought my '72 22' Barth 12 years ago I decided to put in some rear speakers. My youngest son was more that willing to help with this process. We started to feed the speaker wires through the cabinets and pulled out the drawers. Under the bottom drawer we found some baking soda cans. When we picked them up, they were heavy. After we got the lids off, we found them to be full of silver coins. What a find! There were silver dollars, fifty cent peices, quarters and dimes. This Barth was owned by an older couple that had passed away and the estate was seling it. I guess that they were saving the coins for a trip to Reno or something.
We are still having fun with the Barth which we have named Barth Vader because of the black color. The kids spot the name and always wave. Hope to see some of you down the road. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Wow, I guess we better get out there and start taking the drawers apart. The only thing we found when we bought ours was an oven mitt shaped like a fish...

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the only thing i found were ant traps.....

Posts: 23 | Location: millville, n.j. | Member Since: 10-28-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, I just got through taking all my cabinets out.....not a danged cent! :-)

Seriously, did any of these units have from-the-factory lock-safes in them? Got this funky-looking round key that I was hoping opened a hidden treasure trove.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
You know actually, I did hit a treasure trove. The previous owner left a zillion belts of all types. On our last trip we broke our alternator belt and I remember them when the mobile mechanic showed up on I-94 near Eau Claire, WI. I don't know how much it saved me but I know it saved me a lot of time.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, some of these ol-babes did come with a from-the-factory safe. I found mine under the dinnette seat. It is bolted thru the floor and very well built. The key was in the lock, but it was empty....Oh well.

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post