Forums    General Discussions    What are Karma Points?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

What are Karma Points?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Confused
Karma Points?

Posts: 10 | Location: Indiana, USA | Member Since: 02-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Credit for doing good deeds?

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Posting and answering questions. The longer or more you do it the higher the points are.

I see that you have posted 7 times since you signed up and you have 7 Karma points. Based upon the fact that you've been posting for 11 days that's great. 11 days - 7 points. Let's extrapolate this, in 44 days you will have posted 28 times and you'll be on page 1!

There are a total of 8 pages. You are on page 2 in Karma points now. Some people with 7 points have been posting since 2001. If you are really into posting and helping others, asking questions or telling jokes they go up.

Alot of people that register like to check in and watch. They don't post, they do ask private questions or they use the search feature. Maybe they only registered to sell a Barth. If you look up top there are alot of people that don't register but like to stop by for info.

It's not really anything that affects you. It's like the teacher telling you it will go on your permanent record. In the end it really doesn't mean anything.

I have 577 Karma points. I have been posting since May of 2003. I like to bore people and make their eyes glaze over. No one understands what I'm talking about and I have a knack for putting people into a deep sleep. I'm surprise they have put up with me this long. Roll Eyes

Anyway, if you believe in Karma then here's good news for you, (I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance) my Karma is telling me you'll be OK. Besides, it's not like you can turn them in for a prize or anything.

Ps. There's this "Dave Bowers" chap that's only been posting since 2/7/06 and he has 2526 points. I think he knows someone! I'll check on that and get back to you. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
I can change that and call them something else, I just have to figure it out. Sound to new age for me...

But then we do have the Silver Seed.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
KARMA POINTS: Earned by speaking loudly, often, and with authority, regardless of whether you are knowledgeable on the topic (or whether you are actually on topic).

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't there be some delineation between good karma points and bad karma points?

Bill & Diane
1973 25'

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
I am senior moderator, I decide what is good Karma and what is bad Karma. All Barths are good Karma, all solid white plastic motor homes are bad Karma. I like Karma on my ice cream, or is that caramel. I had a girl friend in high school named Karma, or was that Carla. Oh..OH this is neutral Karma. Didn't Volkswagon have a little car called the Karma. "Can I borrow the Kar ma." OK enuff..

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Karma points can be found on all Karma engines prior to 1980 when Karma went to electronic ignition.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
So Dave, I guess you are the King of Karma....I wish I had more time to cruise the forums, but until we can add more hours to the day??? We bought our Barth from a customer of mine in June and my Sweetie Helen and I will Honeymoon in it in a couple of weeks. We are going to work the Alabama Good Sam Rally in Dothan, AL and then it's off to Disney World in the Barth ! Say, how do you get that cool time/temp thing and those cool images on your posts? BTW, I spent a week in Eden Prarie one night ! Went spend some time with the folks at Open Systems Software there about 10 years ago. Thanks for moderating a wonderful site. Somewhere, sometime I will get around to listing the upgrades we have done to our 36 Sovereign, sometime....

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.