Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Anvil 400 Supplier
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Does any member out there have the name and address of a dealer who supplies ANVIL 400 coating? I have looked online with no luck and checked the manufacturer for his list of Suppliers (which includes just about every Sherman Williams paint dealer in Eastern US) . I called Sherman Williams paint stores in Maine and New Hampshire who were actually listed online as being able to get the product. They told me they never heard of it but would check it out. They never called back- very frustrating. I don't mind paying for shipping costs anywhere in Eastern US to my destination in Eastern Maine.

Thank you for any member's input on an address.

Posts: 60 | Location: Saint John, N.B. Canada | Member Since: 09-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Clint, I did get mine from Sherwin Williams but it involved me going to the store and standing there while the manager called Anvil and ordered the product. BTW the product sold by Sherwin Williams is Anvil 450. Same product. Marketing!!!!

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Nick. I will do the same when I go down to Calais Maine. By the way, what is the cost of 1 gallon and a 5 gallon pail? Also how much did you use on your coach for two coats?

Thank you

Posts: 60 | Location: Saint John, N.B. Canada | Member Since: 09-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
A 5 gallon can was about $175 if I remember correctly. It took a little over 3 gallons for 2 good coats on my 32 ft coach.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nick

Thank you very much for the info and speedy response. I wish the very best for you and your family.

Clint

posted Hide Post
Nick
s a further update to my hunt for an Anvil supplier,I took your input on the name change to Anvil 450 and searched on Google.
To my amazement, I discovered that there is an online Anvil store that supplies the product-currently on sale for $153 for 5 gallons. The site name is Anvil.online.store.com for those members who may need some. Sorry I could not link the site to this post- haven't learned how to do that yet.

Clint

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Try this:

http://www.anvil-online-store.com/roof-coatings.html

Clint, if you want to post a link just go the the address header at the top of the page, copy the link line, then paste into your post. (Just be sure it is a legitimate web site, we don't want links to scam/spam sites!) head bang

A great link with a good price! Your descriptive thread title will make future searches easier, too. I am planning to recoat my roof this summer. You just saved me some hassle looking! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5158 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
I did some reading on this stuff and it comes in white only. How does that look on top of the roof?

Fred & Cindy Cook
1990 32' Regency, Cummins

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jax:
I did some reading on this stuff and it comes in white only. How does that look on top of the roof?

Fred & Cindy Cook
1990 32' Regency, Cummins

like a typical RV roof. If you want color, maybe the mfr can tell you how to tint it.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fred

The original stuff on my roof looks ok for appearance. As you walk around the coach you really can't see the roof at the same time. On a top down view,it still looks fine as white will blend with any other colour. My roof is ages old since the last recoat and I think the brightening of the new coat of white will be even better for overall appearance.

As a side bar, I notice that on Anvil's specs for the 400/450, they recommend some of their own sealers for use prior to recoat. I intend to research their products and compare them with after market stuff. I want to be sure to get the best product. It probably will end up, however , that all similar products are fine.

Also from the previous post, thank you Steve for the info on linking the internet to a post.

Clint

posted Hide Post
Morgan

When I couldn't find any supplier on line under Anvil 400, I went to the Anvil home page and used their dealer locator- just plug in the zip and it lists the dealers. This lists every Sherman Williams dealer in the area of the Zip. As indicated from my previous post, dealing with Sherman Williams turned out to be no picnic. Thanks to Nick's input on name change, using "Anvil 450" for online searches is the answer when looking for information.

Clint

posted Hide Post
Morgan

Thought it best to explain why I don't use Canadian dealers for my purchases unless I am forced to. The cost differential for any item is generally ridiculous. For example, a Zantrax prowatt 2000 inverter is $340 in the US and $540 in Canada. The $ difference on exchange is currently 10 cents on the dollar which should add $34 to the US price. Too many distributors in Canada all want a piece- gouging is rampant.

Also we have another legal rip off going on called "brokerage fees". When a Canadian orders something from the US using UPS or Fedex, unless there is a US shipping point, it must go to a point in Canada ( with much higher rates). Everything for Eastern Canada is then routed through Montreal where a brokerage firm must put its stamp on the package They charge roughly $150 for every $1000 in purchases. UPS delivers the package and collects the brokerage fees.

I am fortunate that I live close to the border and have my packages sent UPS to a little store on the US side. They handle packages and charge $3 each when you pickup. Big savings over brokerage fees. When you cross back into Canada you still have to pay your sales tax which in N.B. is 13%.

Clint

Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
WOW! confusion

I had no idea it was like that, Clint.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clint Webb:
Does any member out there have the name and address of a dealer who supplies ANVIL 400 coating? I have looked online with no luck and checked the manufacturer for his list of Suppliers (which includes just about every Sherman Williams paint dealer in Eastern US) . I called Sherman Williams paint stores in Maine and New Hampshire who were actually listed online as being able to get the product. They told me they never heard of it but would check it out. They never called back- very frustrating. I don't mind paying for shipping costs anywhere in Eastern US to my destination in Eastern Maine.

Thank you for any member's input on an address.

Posts: 2 | Location: Iowa | Member Since: 06-20-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post