Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

EBAY #2422212330
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I JUST PURCHASED THIS UNIT WED, AND AM GOING TO MAKE SOME MAJOR INTERIOR CHANGES. CARPET, SOME WOOD FLOORING, COUCH REDO, AND OTHERS. THE UNIT IS IN GREAT SHAPE, BUT IS DIRTY. ONE OWNER, AND HE KEPT VERY DETAILED RECORDS, AND WAS READY TO SELL. HE HAD BEEN RV-ING SINCE THE 70'S. WHAT AM I GOING TO FIND UNDER THE CARPET? WE ARE GOING TO USE A DESIGNER FOR IDEAS, AND WANT TO USE CERAMIC TILE IN THE STEP AREA SO AS TO BE ABLE TO CLEAN. WOULD HAVE SOME SORT OF REMOVABLE MATS ON THE STEPS THAT WILL AID IN NOT SLIPPING. ANY COMMENTS ON WHAT SOMEONE HAS LEARNED IN MAKING CHANGES ARE MOST WELCOME FOR SURE. DAVE GAVE US VERY GOOD INFO WHILE WE WERE LOOKING. THANK YOU. DALE AND SHARON SMITH INDY

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
I am now on my 3rd Barth and I finaly got one I don't have to redo. Well except for installing the home theater system. Hard wood floors are problimatic (they get sand blasted very quickly). Tile and granite work very well but you can't use conventional mastic or grout, the vibration will take it out in short order. I used 3M 5100 to set the tiles and colored RTV for grout. Pergo and/or Bruce laminate floor is just about bullet proof and looks good and low maintence.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ERIC, YOU ARE SAYING REAL WOOD IS A PROBLEM? PERGO IS A FLOATING SYSTEM IF I UNDERSAND RIGHT, SO DOES IT NOT MOVE ETC? WHAT IS THE SUB FLOOR OF MY BARTH? PERGO TYPE IS MY CHOICE. I THINK!!!! THE DRIVER AREA THOUGH IS NOT FLAT SO I HAVE TO FIGURE THAT OUT. CARPET THAT AREA MAYBE. MINE HAS A 3" RAISED FLOOR IN THE DRIVER AREA. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. DALE

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I replaced the galley and bath room floors with pergo 2 years ago--they do float-rubber mat placed before pergo goes down - so far so good . rugged the solon, drivers area ,and bed room . BEST OF LUCK ! Fred

Posts: 14 | Location: Ft. Myers.Fl. | Member Since: 07-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
The sub-floor is 3/4" plywood then 4" insulation then the outer aluminum skin (in most cases).

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post