Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Seattle to Atlanta via Sedona and Albuquerque
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Expect to drive my newly purchased old 1974 24' Barth with 454 engine South and then East. What should we see enroute? Who can I contact for help enroute? With 114000 miles showing I can expect challenges. I'm retired and unable to push it or change a tire. Am I nuts for attempting this? or maybe just have had too many games with no helmet. Life is unscripted and my trusting wife and I plan to have fun. What would you do? rsvp

------------------

Posts: 3 | Location: Gainesville,Ga,USA | Member Since: 10-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Stan, Dave here...

If you haven't already I would join an RV oriented road service. I like Coach Net which is available when you join FMCA (Family Motor Coach Assn.) Anyway, their website is www.fmca.com and you will get a great monthly magazine also. AAA has an RV sticker you can buy for your AAA membership however, Coach Net has been really good to me.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited October 31, 2002).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Stan, Al Benton on this end.

We live in the Atlanta area just 32 miles west on I-20 in a small community VILLA RICA.

Should you have trouble with your rig or just want to stop by... I have a pad with hookups adjacent to the pool and your welcome to stop by and visit. There is also a PGA course across the highway (out here it's highway vs street).

Have a great trip and may GOD BLESS YOU and yours,

Resp,

Al Benton
8259 Villa Rica Hwy
Villa Rica, Ga. 30180

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,

Sorry about the misinformation. I read the most recent Barth Rangers application and I thought I had read that. However, what I read was that when you join you automatically join the Barth Rangers and the Barth Rangers International which is an FMCA sanctioned club. There are two because at one time there were Barth Rangers who had trailers. Obviously, the FMCA is all motorhomes. Lee Merriman just told me that there is still one Ranger that has a Barth Travel Trailer.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post