Tools
Reply To This Topic

RV tires $99.00
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://orangecounty.craigslis...sale/7010301019.html

...not living in Calif where these guys are
gives one an apt expression of the American dream...

quote:

Pro Tires and Wheels offers the best quality commercial tires for the lowest price for every RV class and application like steer, drive, trailer, all position and much more.
Here is a list of our most popular RV tires in Orange county CA, Riverside County CA and Los Angeles CA. In Southern California there are various RV types. The most popular RV's in So Cal are Class A, Class B, Class C, travel trailers, 5th wheel trailers, folding and tent trailers and sport utility RV trailers / toy haulers
Give us a Call 562-404-8558 Pro Tires and Wheels

Class A RV Tires.
• 11R22.5
• 11/R24.5
• 275/80R22.5
• 285/75R24.5
• 295/80R22.5
• 305/70R22.5
• 315/80R22.5
• 295/75r22.5

HERE ARE SOME OF OUR SPECIALS. WHOLESALE WAREHOUSE DIRECT.
Prices include mounting, computerized balancing, installation, disposal fee, and sales tax.
LT225/75R16..........$119.00
LT245/75R16..........$129.00
LT215/85R16..........$129.00
LT235/85R16..........$130.00
LT225/70R19.5.......$179.00
LT245/70R19.5.......$196.00
LT255/70R22.5.......$249.00

RV Tire Cracking Dry Rotting Prevention Tips:

Here are a few steps you can take to minimize dry rotting or cracking. RV tires have oils in the rubber that stay dispersed when driving, to keep the oils active and spread evenly drive your RV from time to time. Cover the tires from the suns UV rays; this will help keep your tires from drying. Keeping your RV tires clean from brake dust, this will help as well. Use water based tire dressing to ensure the rubber compound on your RV tires stay intact. Air pressure is vital, having too much or too little will cause premature wear on RV tires and create sidewall cracking.

When To Replace RV Tires:

Age is a huge factor when it comes to replacing RV tires. You can determine the age of your RV tires by looking for a four digit code in a bubble on the sidewall of your tires. In southern California we suggest that you replace your RV tires at least every 3-5 years, whether the tread on the tire is good or not. No matter how old your tires are another reason to replace your RV tires is tire wear, always inspect your tires for uneven tire wear or if they show a little tread on them, replace them before you hit the road. Remember not all roads are paved the same, some roads are a little tougher than others.
The length of your trip has to have a lot to do with determining when to replace your tires. For example if you're traveling on your RV for a quick weekend trip, you might be able to postpone your tire swap however if you're planning on a long road trip its best to consider changing your tires if called for.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought the LT designation referred to Light Truck. Not what I would put on a 5 ton motor home. On the other side of the debate, I don't think tires are expired after 3 to 5 years, if they are inflated properly and protected from the sun. I ran my last set of tires for 12 years and they were fine and still going strong with no sign of separation or checking, but I didn't want to push my luck. Toyo's on the front and Sumitomo's on the rear, all good tires that are smoother and quieter than the Bridgestones that served me so well.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Spam? Commercial advertising.... hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Spam? Commercial advertising.... hmm

Spam, no
Commercial advertising, yes.
Google street view does show a tire store at the address given. Considering the bars on windows and doors, maybe not a nice neighborhood Sorry

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
One thing to consider , as the tire ages the glue inside the construction of the tire dries out . Tire separation due to the glue letting go is a concern .
My personal choice is to run front tires no longer than about 5 years and rear tires 7 years. To me it is worth the extra money spent for the piece of mind . With that said , tires can come apart prematurely at any age , so regular tire inspections are needed .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Time starts at the manufacture date of the tire , not when it is installed Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Michelin says ten years, in bulletin from 2006:

https://www.michelintruck.com/...ce_Life_RV_Tires.pdf

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post