Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1997 dash panel
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I just bought a none running 1997 Barth 33' cummins motor
I was trying to get a dash panel diagram of what are all the buttons are. I have the motor running by jumping the starter out. I have no power to dash and key. The battery lockout seem to be working. I was wondering if there might be a security system to lock it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Posts: 2 | Location: Ky | Member Since: 09-06-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We have limited info on the wiring, esp for the diesels. There is Spartan chassis wiring, Barth coach wiring, and optional accessories are all over. The coaches vary a great deal. I have not heard of security systems with engine lockout, but anything is possible!

This is the Spartan diagram for 1993. My 97 Monarch is very similar.

The main power lead goes to the manual Spartan master switch. Power goes from there to a live buss in the front and rear electrical panel. The power for the key switch comes from the front panel live buss. The key energizes a master relay in each panel which powers up the other buss and all the switched circuits.

Check the master relays and those power busses for 12V. Might be a loose wire or bad relay. hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5158 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This will help.
Thank you so much.

Posts: 2 | Location: Ky | Member Since: 09-06-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post